Twisters | Film Review

 

After a devastating experience, Kate (Daisy Edgar-Jones) is lured back into the world of storm chasing, where she, her friends, and a competing group of chasers fight for their lives against a deadly tornado.

As a big fan of the original 'Twister' movie, I was really looking forward to seeing this one!

I have mixed feelings about this film. Overall it was fine, but there were some things that I really liked, and other things I really didn't.

For a start, I loved the opening scene. I thought it set things up really well and showed how high the stakes were.

But then, I thought the scene it could have told us more about the characters. We don't really get to know them very well, and for the ones we only see for a short time, we don't get to connect with them. 

There were some really fun, exciting sequences throughout - particularly during storms and tornadoes. But the downside of this was that it wasn't always interesting watching the characters wait for a storm.

Other than the characters chasing tornadoes, there wasn't really a coherent plot. From what I remember of the original movie, the reason the characters are chasing storms was solid and made a lot of sense. I feel like the reason could have been a lot stronger in this film.

None of the characters were particularly likeable or charismatic, despite the film trying hard to make us think they are.

And when the film ends, everything feels a bit anticlimactic. I still felt like I didn't really know the characters and didn't take anything away from it.

Overall, this was an entertaining movie. And if you're only interested in the twisters, then it's great! For me, though, I would have liked a bit more substance to go along with the fun twister sequences.

6.5/10




Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review