Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

 


When Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) is confronted by the TVA, he has to work with Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) to save his world from an existential threat.

I was so excited to see this movie. I'm a huge fan of the Deadpool movies, the X-Men movies and the Wolverine solo movies, so the idea of these characters teaming up felt perfect to me. Even if it wasn't a perfect movie, I knew I'd get something enjoyable out of it.

Thankfully, I absolutely loved the movie!

For a start, my favourite thing about the film was Deadpool's signature humour - the film was hilarious. I saw it in a full cinema and I don't think we went more than 10 minutes at a time without the whole theatre bursting out laughing.

This humour obviously won't be to everyone's taste, but I feel like if you're a fan of the Deadpool movies, you probably already know what to expect here.

Without spoiling anything, the cameos are awesome. They were probably the thing I was most looking forward to, and they definitely delivered! It's especially fun if you keep up to date with comic book movies and know the history of these characters and actors.

The soundtrack was also great. The perfect songs were used at the perfect moments and really enhanced the scenes they were in.

Having said that, I do have a couple of problems with the film.

While it was very funny, some of the humour came in the form of very specific current slang terms that don't feel like they'll have longevity. So in the long term, the film might end up feeling quite dated.

In addition to that, while I thought the villain was great, I wasn't a fan of her motivation. It didn't feel like her reasons were strong enough to hold up the entire premise of the film.

But overall, I loved the film, and I'm really looking forward to watching it again!

8.5/10

Comments

Popular Posts

The Instigators | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review