Creative Uncertainty


Hey Guys x

I've been having a bit of creative uncertainty recently.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that one of my biggest passions is writing fanfics. It's something that I spend a lot of time on, and something that I love and feel so passionate about.

This may sound a bit insane, but I have just under 80,000 words of a story written that I haven't done anything with yet, because I'm uploading two different ones that have already been finished. 80,000 words is literally as long as a book, so it's crazy that I haven't started to upload it or anything.

But anyway, so I've been editing the story before I finish it (probably in another 80,000 words!) and I've gotten to the point where I just feel completely unsure about it all of a sudden.

I don't know if it's good enough, I don't know if it's well written, I don't know if anyone will actually read it when I do upload it, and it sucks. I'm still incredibly passionate about it and I'm definitely going to upload it when I finish my other stories because I love it and have spent so much time on it. But it got me thinking about creative uncertainty.

Like, do directors make whole films and then think 'what if this is shit'? Or do authors finish their books and then decide that they got something wrong or that this isn't the book that they want to be writing?

Do bloggers and YouTubers create whole posts and/or videos and then delete them because they're just not sure about them?

For me, I always have a bit of that uncertainty I think, but I've never written something this long that's unfinished, and so I don't know if I just have a huge attachment to it, or if it genuinely is something that I want to put my name to and claim as my own.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, I think it's a really interesting topic and I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject in the comments below!

Lou xx

Comments

  1. I totally get this. In fact sometimes I can be in this mood at the wrong times... usually late at night and I end up just deleting half of my photos on instagram and blog posts on my blog.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Wonka | Film Review