My Love/Hate Relationship With Instagram!


Hey Guys x

So before I start this post, I'm going to plug my Instagram because, why not? You can follow me here.

But be warned, my Instagram is not the Instagram of a typical blogger. I hardly ever post, and when I do, I mostly post about things that are personal to me, and they're never edited perfectly or displayed next to a vase of flowers or something. Never.

But I do have a love/hate relationship with this form of social media, for quite a few reasons.

On the one hand, I love it:

First of all, I like to see the pictures that other people post. I mostly just follow celebrities for that exact purpose, to see their lives through what they post. As well as seeing behind-the-scenes set stuff from actors and things like that. I think you can tell a lot about a person from the pictures that they choose to share with the world.

I also love putting up my own pictures, when I do sporadically. I like looking back on this little picture diary of my life. I have my written diary, my online diary (this blog) and my picture diary, through my Instagram. I guess that's why I find it hard to tweet a lot sometimes, because I don't feel the need. Everything I have to say, I can say through other means. It's really just about self-promo these days. I need to get better at it!

I also love the filters, and totally not in a shallow way. The right filter on your picture of the sky can turn it into something of artistic merit. I think that's part of the reason why I like photography, because I like the way that you can capture and change the things that are right in front of your eyes.

But then I grow to hate it.

One of the main reasons I hate it is because of this whole Instagram culture. The people who post every two minutes for likes, the people who can't function without taking a picture for insta to grow their following, to be popular through this medium.

And then there's the people who can't post anything but selfies. For me personally, I just don't get it. I get posting a few selfies, maybe three or four a week if you like your face that much, but why are you posting your face in a different angle every three minutes?

And I have to bring it back to the followers thing. I don't get followers on Instagram, I'm pretty sure I currently have about 29. and I don't care about this whatsoever. As I said, my posts are more for me than anyone else. And I know that an Instagram following is really important to a lot of people, and I get and respect that. But the politics within Instagram is definitely getting a bit much for me. All the bots and the buying followers and things that I don't even understand, I don't get it. Instagram used to be fun, but now it's turned into something that I really don't want to be a part of.

Thank you for reading.

What's your relationship with Instagram?

Lou xx

Comments

  1. I like it for the photography. True about like a photo diary. And I hope I don't pass them sort of Insta posts, as selfies stuff. I do like if it's showcasing something, or, ex for their business/work side. That wouldn't be a great feed. Thanks for posting this, may you take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't be a great feed, for just selfie stuff. Lollz, sorry. Take care :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I completely understand what you mean. Thank you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'