BBQ Chicken and Bacon Burgers!


Hey Guys x

I had planned to post this earlier than today, but there were personal things, and then Manchester, so I thought I'd wait until it felt right to post again. It kind of still doesn't. But I'm getting on with things, and that means posting.

As well as watching movies, another thing that I'm trying to get myself into is cooking. Especially because I can put all my recipes on the blog!

If you want a more traditional version of this recipe, you can find one here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/681635/bbq-chicken-burgers

But I have to say, I definitely didn't follow this recipe as closely as I originally planned to.




The most important aspect of this recipe is what you put in the marinade.

I used: 4tbsp of ketchup
4tbsp of Heinz BBQ sauce
A LOT of 'Red's Kansas City BBQ Sauce'
A sprinkle of black pepper
A sprinkle of salt
2tbsp of honey
2tsp of 'very lazy' chopped red chillies
2tbsp of anything that you usually season chicken with. For me, it was 'Schwartz' chicken seasoning.
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
(As well as the chicken breasts, bacon and burger buns)




After mixing the marinade together, coat the chicken in the marinade and leave to chill in the fridge. I think however long you leave it for is subjective, I left mine for about 2 hours.

Then I cooked it for 30-40 minutes, also cooking the bacon in the oven at the same time. But you don't have to put bacon with it if you don't want to, you could just have a BBQ chicken burger.





Then you can assemble the burger in any way you want. I buttered my bun and added the chicken and bacon.

And it was such a nice meal! I would honestly recommend it! It takes like, 10 minutes to prepare, less than an hour to cook and if you make enough, it can feed a lot of people!

Thank you for reading!

What do you think? Will you make this? Let me know if you do!

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List