Results Day (aka 'The End Of The World')



Hey Guys x

Just a warning - this post is going to be a big ramble because my thoughts are moving around my head so quickly that I can't even keep track of them!

Results day is in 10 days. 10 days. Less than two weeks.

This summer, my philosophy has been: don't think about results day until you absolutely have to!

And, to be honest, I could go for another 5 days not thinking about it, and I would have liked to! But my mind is not allowing me to ignore it.

It's just looming at me: RESULTS. RESULTS ARE COMING. YOUR FATE IS DECIDED. THE UNIVERSITIES KNOW. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!

And I can't stop thinking about all of the different outcomes. I could do well, I could do badly. And there's nothing I can do right now to change that outcome.

As these are A2 results, I think it makes more sense to be more worried.

After GCSE's and AS levels, of course you're scared, but you have the back-up of school or college. You have something that you can go back to, and in a sense, you have a lot of other options.

A2 is completely different, mainly because, no matter what happens, we're supposed to know what the next step is.

If we do well, we need to be ready to go to university, or to get an apprenticeship, or a job.

If we do badly, we need to know which universities to call, whether or not we want to retake our exams, where we need to send our CV's to. One way or another, we're on our own, and that's scary!

I have no idea what I'm going to do!

I mean, if I do well, I know which university I'm going to because obviously I've already applied and I know what I need to get to go there, that's not the main issue. But, it's still really scary. I have to be ready to start this whole new stage in my life, and I don't know if I'm quite there yet.

But, if I don't do well, that's also a really big worry. I have to be ready to call universities and see who, if anyone, is willing to take me, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

And, if I do even worse than that, like failure worse, I need a plan. I need to know whether I'm going to go back to college and do everything all over again, or whether I'm going to go straight into the world of work and leave education behind.

But, no matter what happens, it's not the end of the world. There are always options that I can take, that anyone can take. And that really makes me feel more calm about the whole 'results day' situation!

It's a lot to think about. And it's a lot that I'm trying not to think about.

Anyway, that's just a load of my thoughts about results day, because I couldn't hold them in anymore!

I expect you'll get a few more posts like this on the run-up as I get more and more worried.

Thank you for reading

Comment below your thoughts on results day (if you're still in education!)

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I completely understand how you feel! I get my A2 results too next week and to top it all of results day also happens to be my 18th birthday - ahhh! Hope you do well though and get what you hope for :) x

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, well Happy Birthday for next week! Thank you, I hope you do well too xx

      Delete
  2. Results day is tomorrow for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything went well for you! xx

      Delete
  3. This post sums up pretty well exactly how I'm feeling right now haha! Good luck with your results, I'm sure they'll be fine but even if they aren't - like you say, there's always other options so just stay positive :)
    Megan x meguana.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good luck to you too xx

      Delete
  4. How nerve racking! I hope you do well, I'm sure you did great.

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List