Book Review #30: Girl Missing by Sophie McKenzie

 
I am a huge fan of Sophie McKenzie! I've actually read the whole of the 'missing' trilogy and I completely loved it, so I knew that I had to review this book!
 
Lauren is adopted, but her past has always been somewhat of a mystery. All her parents have told her is that she had a 'closed adoption', meaning that no one knew anything about the other family. So when Lauren finds reason to believe that this may not be strictly true, she takes matters into her own hands. British Lauren finds out that she may have been stolen from an American family when she was a baby, so she decides to find out the truth. With her best friend Jam in tow, she travels around the world to find out the truth about her birth family. But Lauren finds more than she bargained for when she discovers the truth. Are her parents involved in the truth behind her adoption? And just how dangerous are the people that are prepared to do anything to keep her from knowing the truth?
 
I've been reading a lot more mysterious books lately and this is one of the best. I read it ages ago, and I think it's for young teenagers, but it is such an interesting book that I'd say that anyone can read it and really enjoy it. The character of Lauren is great because although she's only like 14, she's ruthless and stubborn. The best traits to have if you're trying to find out your true identity! I also love the character of her best friend Jam. He's the best friend that we all need. The one that will bluntly tell us when we're being completely stupid, but will also support us no matter what happens and no matter just how stupid we are being.
 
What was good?
I love the whole concept of the book. The fact that, as young as Lauren is, she is willing to do anything and everything to find out the truth about her real parents. I wish I could be that brave, but I know that if I was in that position, I would not be brave at all! Also, I love the fact that there are so many people involved in the story, and the different plot twists. This book is so gripping that there is no chance of you getting bored and not finishing it. You won't be able to put it down!
 
What was bad?
Personally, some of the scenes were a bit unrealistic. For example, not the spoil the story, but there is a scene where Lauren and Jam get into a car with a stranger. Now, I don't know about you, but 'don't go anywhere with strangers' was drilled into me from a very young age! I would have thought that it would have been drilled into the characters too.
 
Overall
I love this book and would tell everyone to read it. It has aspects of so many different things, mystery, romance, tension, and it's a thriller, which makes it really intense. An amazing read!
 
Thank you for reading
 
Comment below your favourite thriller book!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List