Bed Rest | Film Review

I had never heard of this film before seeing it appear on Amazon Prime Video. I recognised the main actress from the latest Scream movies, and after reading the premise, I was really interested in seeing it.

When a pregnant woman (Melissa Barrera) moves into a new home and is placed on bed rest, she begins to wonder if her new home is haunted.

This film was better than I thought it would be. I really didn't have any expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

As mentioned, the premise is an interesting one. It's not the most original concept, but it's intriguing enough to draw people in.

Having said that, while it is interesting, not a lot actually happens in the film, particularly in the first half.

Some parts felt especially predictable. For example, there were a lot of props introduced in the first half of the film (walkie-talkies, a weirdly-placed camera) that felt like they were only in the film for horror purposes. It made sense, but took me out of the film a bit each time it happened.

There was only one likeable character, Julie (Barrera), thankfully the main character. Because of this, we as the audience are automatically on her side and can easily empathise with her. But be warned, this is one of those frustrating 'no one believes her' movies.

There were a couple of interesting twists in the second half, and the film got surprisingly heartwarming, which I definitely didn't expect.

Overall, this isn't the best or scariest horror movie you'll ever watch, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and definitely think it's worth watching.

6.5/10



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List