Red Dot | Film Review

 

This came out on Netflix last week, and I think I watched it on the day it came out, just because I was searching for something to watch, and it happened to pop up. But lately I've been trying to watch more foreign films, and this seemed like a good one (it's Swedish).

David (Anastasios Soulis) and Nadja (Nanna Blondell) go on a trip to the wilderness in order to see the Northern Lights and rekindle their marriage. However, they soon find themselves on the run from an unknown assassin.

I actually liked this film more than I thought I would. Now, that's not to say that it's an amazing film, but I'd definitely say to go into it with an open mind.

These two characters are really interesting. We don't know much about them, but we don't really have to. We are watching this for the plot, and so any two characters would have worked well.

The film builds tension really well. There are small hints as to what will happen, and what the cause of events is, but we are still kept on edge. However we feel about the film, we want to know how it will end.

Because the film is so short, it doesn't take long for things to start happening, which I was grateful for because a film like this could have become boring if left for too long. However, so much is packed into the film that it does feel longer than it is.

The film gets better as it goes on, especially when you get into the twists and turns.

However, the film isn't particularly impactful. You won't think about it after the credits roll.

You also never really care about these characters. While the plot is the most important thing, it would have been nice to actually feel something for the characters, which I never did. And this is probably another reason that I didn't find the film impactful.

Overall, this film is more interesting than your average 'couple gets stranded in the wilderness' movie, but it could have been a lot better than it was.

5.5/10      


 


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review