Fractured | Film Review

Image result for fractured

Hey Guys x

This is a Netflix movie that came out about a month ago. It wasn't on my radar at all until a friend said that she'd heard about it and thought that it sounded good, so I read the plot and thought that it did sound really interesting.

After an accident, Ray (Sam Worthington) and his wife Joanne (Lily Rabe) take their daughter Peri (Lucy Capri) to the hospital. However, when his wife and daughter disappear from the hospital (and the staff tell him that they were never there), Ray tries to uncover the secrets of this mysterious hospital.

It's a long time since I've been so intrigued by a film and ended up so disappointed. I really wanted to love this film, and it would have been so easy to, but the ending was such a disappointment that I can't.

It starts off slowly, you're trying to learn about the characters but there's not that much to learn.
But then within moments, it becomes so interesting that you can't look away.

The whole film has a sinister undertone; everything feels unsettling. Things are drip-fed really well.
But having said this, for a long time it feels like the film is saying 'This is tense. Something's about to happen' over and over again, but it takes such a long time for anything to happen that the tension kind of makes itself redundant after a while.

The reason that the film is scary is because the idea of this happening to anyone in any situation is terrifying. A bit like the film 'Flightplan', you are in this character's point of view from the first moment, and so you can't help but feel the things that he feels.

However, being in his point of view is what makes the film frustrating. I really don't want to spoil the ending, so I won't, but seeing what he sees means that we take certain things as true. Because of that, we see certain characters the same way that he sees them, and we feel the same way about them. And this could be seen as great when coupled with the way that the film ends, but for me, some things seemed a bit too elaborate for how it actually ended, and there were too many hints that ended up just being nothing.

Overall, I can understand why someone would like this film, so I'd definitely recommend it. But for me personally, I would have preferred a different ending.

6.5/10

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List