Spotlight On... Bradley Cooper!

Related image

Hey Guys x

So I'm starting a new series on the blog!

Basically, I spend a lot of time watching movies. But I also spend a lot of time watching many movies that star the same actors.

So I thought that I'd start something where I could pick an actor whose films I've seen a lot of, and then discuss my favourite and least favourite movies of theirs, because why not?

I don't know how often I'm going to do it, but I have a long list of actors to go through, and I thought I'd start with Bradley Cooper, as he was the first person that entered my mind when I decided that I wanted to do this.

Favourite Movie: A Star Is Born

Image result for a star is born

This was a much harder choice than I thought it would be, but I had to go with this because I loved it so much. I reviewed it when it came out (which you can read HERE), and my love for it is still as strong now as it was then.
It's about two musicians who find each other and fall in love, but that love changes their lives for the better and worst.
Everything about this movie is amazing, and one reason for that is the way that Bradley took on a multitude of roles. As well as acting, he was the director, writer and producer, and also wrote some of the music. He dedicated all of himself to the movie, and that's why it's my favourite of all his movies.

Least Favourite Movie: My Little Eye

Image result for my little eye movie

This is a horror film, and part of the reason why I watched it, other than it starring Bradley, was that I love horror movies. So I thought that, even if Bradley's part wasn't huge, it might still be an okay movie.
It's about a group of people who are taking part in a 'Big Brother' like social experiment, but not everything is as it seems.
This wasn't a bad film, but I didn't like it. Horrors like this tend to work best when they're moving quickly, but this one is really slow, you don't really care about any of the characters, and when it actually starts to get going it just get confusing. Definitely one to skip!

Most Underrated Movie: The Midnight Meat Train

Image result for the midnight meat train

Being as this is an underrated movie, you probably won't have heard of this film, which is a real shame because so many more people should see this movie.
A photographer, determined to capture the darkest parts of life, accidentally stumbles into the path of a serial killer. But can he keep himself unseen in order to avoid being the killer's next target?
I loved this movie so much, and was surprised that I hadn't heard of it before. But definitely see this if you're a fan of horror, or looking for something different - more people should hear about this movie!

Most Overrated Movie: Wedding Crashers

Image result for wedding crashers

This was probably the hardest category to choose, because it's literally picking a movie that most people love, to talk about why you don't love it!
It's about two guys that regularly crash weddings. However, things become complicated when the guys crash a wedding, and one of them falls for one of the bridesmaids.
This film was really hyped up, so before I saw it, I was convinced that it was going to be one of the best comedies I'd ever see. And to be completely honest, it was only okay. I liked the originality of the story, and it had a great script, but it wasn't that funny, and none of the characters were particularly likeable.

Movie That Everyone Should Watch: Silver Linings Playbook

Image result for silver linings playbook

In my opinion, this film is really important. I reviewed it (which you can read HERE), and in that review I wrote about the depiction of mental illness, and why this film is so poignant, and that's still true. Everyone should see this film because it looks at mental illness in a unique, powerful way.
It's about two people, with different mental illnesses, who meet and find themselves tied to each other, whether they like it or not.
Watch this film. If you watch no others on the list, watch this one!

Best Work Behind The Camera: American Sniper
Image result for american sniper movie

Of course, this could have easily gone to 'A Star Is Born', but I've given that film so much love over the last few months that I wanted to give this one to another movie.
This film is the true story of U.S. Navy Seal Chris Kyle, who tries to balance his time in the military with his family life, and finds this trickier than he expected.
Bradley was a producer on this film, and from watching interviews about it, you can see how involved he was in the making of it. And all the hard work paid off, because the film was really great!

Best TV Show: Alias
Image result for alias

Obviously this category won't be applicable to every actor I do this for, but Bradley was the reason that I started watching this show last year, and I loved it so much that I continued to watch it even after his character left.
It's about a woman called Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner) who is a spy and double agent, working for intelligence agencies who oppose each other.
It's not on Amazon Prime anymore, which is really annoying because I'd love to re-watch it, but it's an amazing show with or without Bradley. If anyone has the opportunity to watch it, seriously sit down and binge it!

Best Character: Phil Wenneck
 Image result for the hangover

It seems almost blasphemous that I haven't spoken about 'The Hangover' yet. But when it comes to talking about Bradley's best characters, Phil is my absolute favourite. He's absolutely hilarious, while also striking the careful balance between serious and insane. He's the kind of person you'd want with you in a crisis, while also being the person that would be the most fun at a party. I love him!

Honourable Mentions:

Favourite Movie: 'The A-Team', 'The Hangover Trilogy'

Least Favourite Movie: 'New York, I Love You', 'Serena', 'The Last Cowboy'

Most Underrated Movie: 'Failure To Launch' 'Hit and Run'

Most Overrated Movie: 'Limitless'

Movie That Everyone Should Watch: 'Burnt'

Best Work Behind The Camera: 'A Star Is Born', 'American Hustle'

Best Character: Rocket Raccoon

How many Bradley Cooper movies have you seen? Which are your favourites?

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List