Blogmas Day 21: 3 Vegan Christmas Dessert Ideas!

I am not a vegan, I eat meat. However, there isn't any meat in desserts.

Because I'm allergic to milk, I thought that the best way to eat desserts and not be ill is to try some vegan deserts.

I know that some of you aren't vegans, but even so, you can try some of these desserts, or just substitute milk versions.

I've scouted the internet and found 3 of my favourite looking vegan desserts in time for Christmas!

I haven't tried any of them, but as Christmas is only 4 days away, I really want to make at least one of them over the Christmas period.

Chocolate Chip Mini-Loaves

Chocolate chip pear blondies or mini-loaves

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/3 cup natural granulated sugar
  • 1 cup applesauce
  • 2 tablespoons safflower or other neutral vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk, or as needed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 ripe pear, any variety, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
  • 1 cup semisweet non-dairy chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans

  • I think these look so delicious. I am a big fan of anything with chocolate chips, so the fact that I can still have this while being allergic to milk is amazing!

    Recipe: http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-pear-bread/

    Vegan Chocolate Cake

    Recipe photo: Vegan chocolate cake

    Ingredients:
    • 200g (7 oz) plain flour
    • 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
    • 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
    • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
    • 250ml (8 fl oz) water

    I think what I like about this (apart from the fact that it's chocolate) is that it just looks so nice and rich, which is difficult for a non-dairy cake. I don't think I could eat the whole of this though!

    Recipe: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/4666/vegan-chocolate-cake.aspx?o_is=Hub_TopRecipe_1

    Vegan Cupcakes

    Vegan Cupcakes Recipe

    Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar                                                            

    1 1/2 cups almond milk
    2 cups all-purpose flour

    I love cupcakes so much, so the fact that I can still have them without milk is amazing and makes me really happy. I think this is the first recipe that I will be trying!

    Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-Cupcakes/?prop24=hn_slide1_Vegan-Cupcakes&evt19=1

    Thank you for reading!

    Let me know if you try any of these recipes!

    It's 4 days Until Christmas!

    Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 22!

     

    Comments

    1. thanks for the recipes! I really want to try the chocolate chip loaves!

      ReplyDelete
    2. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

      This means that you actually burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

      These 3 studies from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Thank you so much for your comment xx

    Popular Posts

    Wonka | Film Review

    Miller's Girl | Film Review

    American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

    Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

    My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'