September Favourites | 2018

Hey Guys x

I have found a lot of stuff to love and talk about this month, so let's get straight into it! What have been your September favourites?

Favourite Movie(s): Creep & Creep 2
Image result for creep movie poster

I'm always on the lookout for original horror movies, especially if they come from my favourite production company, 'Blumhouse'.. I heard such good things about these two movies, but they weren't actually on my radar until I got Netflix. They popped up in my recommended one day and I decided to give them a chance. I was so surprised by what the first film ended up being. I was thrilled, and excited, and worried, and genuinely scared. At some points, I even watched it through my fingers because I was so worried about what was going to happen next, and I didn't even do that for the Conjuring movies!
And in addition, I assumed that, like most movies, the sequel wouldn't be as good as the original. However, it actually was! Even though we knew vital things about the protagonist that we didn't know in the first film, that didn't make it any less scary or intriguing. In fact, that kind of made it even better! Watch these movies if you're a horror fan!

Favourite TV Show (1): Melissa & Joey
Image result for melissa & joey poster

I'm currently watching this, so of course I had to include it. I only have a few episodes left until I'm completely finished with the show and, as excited as I am to see how it ends, it's definitely gonna leave room in my life for something else. I love these characters, and I love the premise of the show, so I hope it ends as well as it started!

Favourite TV Show (2): Krypton
Image result for Krypton show poster

I am obsessed with this show at the moment! It's already finished airing in the US, but in the UK (at the time of writing this) we're on the 6th episode, and I am so invested. I started watching it because I love Superman. My love for the character started with Smallville, and has only been heightened by Henry Cavill's version of Supes in the DCEU. So when I heard about a show that was focused on Superman's grandfather Seg-El, I jumped at the chance to see it. And so far, it certainly hasn't disappointed! If you don't watch this, you're really missing out on something great!

Favourite TV Show (3): The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair
Image result for the truth about the harry quebert affair poster

OMG THIS SHOW IS AMAZING! It's only a few episodes in, but I am already so invested in it! It's about a writer called Harry Quebert ('Quebert' rhymes with 'Affair') who is being charged with the murder of a 15 year old girl called Nola Kellergan; a girl that he had a slightly more-than-platonic relationship with years ago. Now in the present day, Harry's friend, fellow writer, and protege Marcus Goldman has come to try and clear his friends name. But Marcus discovers a lot more about this quiet, mysterious town than he expected...
It's such an amazing show that everyone should be watching! I have no idea how it's gonna end, but what I do know is that it's based on a book... that I'm probably gonna buy when I finish the series!

Favourite Actor (1): Zendaya
Image result for zendaya 2018

I am obsessed with Zendaya right now! I loved her in 'Spider-man: Homecoming', and I thought she was amazing in 'The Greatest Showman', and it seems like her career isn't slowing down by any means! I am so excited to see where she goes from here, because I know that she's gonna do amazing things!

Favourite Actor (2): Shaun Sipos
Image result for Shaun Sipos

I first heard of him when he starred as Aaron Whitmore in 'The Vampire Diaries', and when I heard that he was going to be playing Adam Strange in 'Krypton', I thought that I might as well have a look at his filmography and see if there was anything in there that appealed to me. Fast forward two/three weeks and I've seen almost every film he's ever been in, and watched the entirety of 'Complete Savages' and 'Melrose Place' (2009), shows that he was a main character in, and I have become such a huge fan! Particular standouts include 'The Babymoon', 'Rampage', 'The Remaining' and 'A Mother's Rage' - definitely watch some of these movies!

Random Favourites

'Someone In The Crowd'














It's been a while since I've done some self-promo in one of my posts, but I felt like it was time. This is a story that I've been writing for over a year, and by the next time I write a 'Favourites' post, it will probably be finished for good! If you want to read the story, it's HERE for public consumption. It's a social media based fan-fiction rooted in the world of The Vampire Diaries... or rather, the fictional world of the actors who play the characters on the show. It was a super-long project to undertake, and it's kind of weird to think about it almost being completely finished!

Free-Writing
I was given a journal by my mum last week, and at first I had no idea what to do with it. Then I remembered that in my creative writing classes, my tutor always recommended doing a period of free-writing. That's basically where you just write whatever's in your mind for a set period of time. I think it's supposed to get the creative juices flowing, but what I've found is that, if I find a writing prompt online and free-write with that in mind, I end up with a rough story idea that can later be developed into something exciting! If you like to write but often suffer with writer's block, try free-writing!

Tell me what you've been loving this month!

Lou

Comments

  1. Cool post as always. Free writing is awesome. Another tip, is to do a brainstorm, basic. Or, just put a bunch of your favourite things on a page, like favourite bands, or what you like to do (blogging as one, haha). Take care, and hope to read more of your posts soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List