June Favourites | 2018

Hey Guys x

I don't know why, but it feels like it's been ages since I've done a Favourites post! Either way, I have a lot of stuff to talk about this month, so I'm just gonna get started.

Favourite Movie (1): Blockers
Image result for Blockers movie poster

I've written a review on this that I'm gonna put up in the next few days, probably sometime next week, so I won't talk about it too much here, but I loved this movie. It was funny, touching, and I think more people should be talking about it.

Favourite Movie (2): Dear John
Image result for dear john movie poster

I saw this for the first time so long ago, around the same time that I saw 'The Notebook'. And let me be honest, I didn't enjoy it that much - in fact, at that point I didn't understand the fuss about Nicholas Sparks, because the only two movies that I'd seen of his I didn't enjoy. But as you'll see later in the post, I'm in a bit of a Channing Tatum phase at the moment, and I have the DVD, so I decided to give this movie another shot (by the way, I've now seen 'Safe Haven', 'The Last Song' and 'The Lucky One' and I get where everyone is coming from, Nicholas Sparks is a genius) and to my surprise, I LOVED it. I got so invested in the story, in the characters, and by the end I was crying my eyes out! It makes me think that I should give 'The Notebook' another go. But either way, this is an amazing film!

Favourite TV Show (1): Brooklyn 99
Image result for brooklyn 99 season 1 poster

I finished 'The Office (US)' last month and needed another show to watch before I go to bed. And with all the attention that this show was getting, I thought I'd give it a chance. I saw the first season when it first aired years ago, and then I kind of forgot about it, so it's been so nice to actually get back onto it and remember how much I actually like the show. Because it's so good!

Favourite TV Show (2): Black-ish
Image result for black-ish season 3 poster

This is a show that I've been bingeing (if that's the right spelling) recently. I've watched almost three seasons in two and a half weeks, and I've been loving it. It's really rare for a show to do both comedy and drama so well. It's so poignant while also being hilarious.

Favourite TV Show (3): Love Island
Image result for love island poster 2018

That's right - like the rest of the UK, I have officially become obsessed with this show. And anyone who pretends that they're above everyone else because they don't watch it needs to get off their high horse. I love the show and I'm not afraid to admit it - not everything you watch has to be educationally stimulating or important for the progression of the world - some shows are pure escapism, and that's great!

Favourite Song: Waiting For a Star To Fall

Two days ago I re-watched one of my absolute favourite childhood films, 'Three Men and a Little Lady', and it was just as amazing as it was when I was a kid. This amazing song is the song that closes the movie, and it holds with it an intense amount of nostalgia. It's popular without the movie, so you've probably heard it. But if not, get yourself stuck in because I can't talk about it enough!

Favourite YouTuber: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Image result for carrie hope fletcher 2018

To tell you the truth, I've become completely disillusioned with the YouTube community lately. The only YouTubers I actually watch and care about are Carrie, Louise Pentland and Hazel Hayes, as well as Daniel J Layton occasionally (although I'll admit that I love his tweets as much as I love his videos, if not moreso) - aka the YouTubers that don't exploit their fans or try to get away with weird £1 challenges. So there won't be one of these every month because I can't just keep talking about my three faves. But I thought I'd mention Carrie for this one because I'm really enjoying watching her 'Veronica Vlogs' and I just think she's amazing. Plus she has a new book coming out called 'When The Curtain Falls' and I can't wait to get my copy!

Favourite Game: Love Island
Image result for Love Island game app

I don't know if anyone else has become as invested in the game as the TV show, but I definitely have! The characters in the game are as interesting, and it follows the show so well. Even if you don't watch the show, give the game a go!

Favourite Actor: Channing Tatum
Image result for channing tatum magic mike

It's definitely intentional that I found a picture that also features Matt Bomer, who I've also been loving this month. But as you can guess, Channing is my current obsession, and the person whose movies I've been watching this month. I think my favourite has to be either Dear John, Magic Mike, or Step Up, which I didn't expect to like but was actually really lovely. But in general, he can do action, drama, romance and comedy, and he does them all so well. I can't wait to watch more of his movies!

Favourite Book: The Twilight Saga
Image result for the twilight saga books

Again, this won't be every month, but as I'm reading books that I enjoy so much, I thought I'd mention them. The 'Twilight' series is one that people love to hate, but I'm not ashamed to say that I love them. I started reading them again and I'm currently on 'New Moon' - and all I have to say is that Edward is trash and Jacob is the one! Which is probably why I love 'New Moon' so much.

Favourite YouTube Video: Double Show Damage

As I already mentioned, I've been loving Carrie Hope Fletcher's 'Veronica Vlogs' lately. This is the latest one, and I loved it as much as the rest. Check it out!

Let me know what your favourites have been this month!

Lou

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion