February Favourites! | 2017

Hey Guys x

It's been a busy month, probably because it's the shortest month of the year and I have a lot of stuff to get done!

However, I still have many favourites to share with you, so I hope you really enjoy seeing them and, hopefully, making my favourites, your favourite too!

Favourite Movie: Hidden Figures
Image result for hidden figures poster

Of all the Oscar movies, this was my favourite. And because, for this month, I've only been watching Oscar nominated movies, this has to be my favourite of the month. I've reviewed it already so I won't waste time doing it again now, but it's a really powerful movie that I think everyone should watch.

Favourite TV Show: This Is Us
Image result for this is us tv show poster

This show is amazing! Honestly, everyone who isn't currently watching this show really needs to because it's awesome! It's about three siblings, their lives, and the way that they connect to each other. Two are twins and the other is adopted, which is significant to the story and really is the central plot of the show. It's powerful, emotional, and everything good about a drama. Watch it!

Favourite YouTuber(s): Rose and Rosie
Image result for rose and rosie 2017

I have so much love for these two right now! They're going on tour, selling merch, and just moving from strength to strength. They're so funny and entertaining to watch, but can also talk about more serious topics, which I think is really important for someone with an influence over lots of young people. Overall, they're amazing and you should all be watching them!

Favourite Actor: Ben Affleck
Image result for ben affleck 2017

Right now, I'm obsessed with Ben, his brother Casey and their friend Matt Damon, but for this month, Ben is my favourite. Although I have to mention quickly that I am so happy for Casey, after he won his first Oscar two days ago! But yeah, Ben. He's an amazingly talented actor, but for me, it's his directing that stands out above anything else. He's so good at what he does, and I love the fact that his love of acting and writing has now extended to make him a terrific director, and I can't wait to watch more of the films that he's directed because I don't think he can go wrong!

Favourite YouTube Video: Why Should We Adopt?

This is a really interesting Rose and Rosie video, in which they talk about why they want to have a baby biologically rather than adopting. I think it's really unfair that they are being accused of being selfish for not adopting purely because they're lesbians. Everyone's choice is their own and, whether they want to adopt or not, it's only their business, no one else's. In this video they have a discussion about what I've just said, and it's so interesting to watch.

Random Favourites:
The Oscars

Image result for the oscars

I watched the Oscars last night, and it was so much fun! I ended up going to bed at 6.30am but it was so worth it to witness the magic of seeing all of these amazing films win and/or be nominated for the most prestigious movie award there is! I was really happy for everyone that won something, and think all of the awards were truly deserved. Particularly, as I've already mentioned, Casey Affleck, who's performance in his movie Manchester By The Sea was INCREDIBLE!
However, have you heard about the Best Picture mistake? Seeing it live was crazy, but for those of you that don't know, the presenters messed up the award - reading out La La Land as the winner when the actual winner was 'Moonlight'. I have to say, as mortifying and disappointing as it probably was for most people involved, it means that this year's Oscars will probably be the most talked about in history, which is amazing!

Helen Bailey
Some of you might remember Helen Bailey, the author that I interviewed a few years ago. If you don't, I'll put the blog post up here!
Now, I don't know if you know this or not, I didn't until last week, but I found out that she was killed in April 2016. I was so sad and shocked to hear about this, as I occasionally spoke to her from time to time. She was an incredible, amazing author and I really wish that she could have written more books. She was also one of the nicest people I've ever spoken to. She gave me, a newbie blogger at the time, an exclusive interview and it was the nicest thing.
It's weird to know that she'll never read anything I write, or she'll never know how much that interview meant, and still means to me.
I don't feel comfortable writing a whole post about her, but I wanted to dedicate a section of my favourites post to her, in her memory. She was an inspiration and the world isn't the same without her.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below some of your February Favourites!

Lou xx


Comments

  1. I absolutely love YouTube so I need to check out Rose and Rosie's channel! I nominated you for the one lovely blogger award.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check it out xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'