Citizen Kane | 100 Movies Bucket List

Next up was a re-watch that I really wasn't looking forward to! 

This film is definitely in at least the top 10 of highly revered films on the List. I studied it back in university, so I wasn't surprised that it was on there.

I'm pretty sure it's the film that I was least looking forward to watching.

I didn't like it when I studied it, and I didn't like it this time around either.

The reason for this is mostly that I just find it really boring. I didn't care about the character, so watching the whole film going over every aspect of his life to find out the significance of his last word just isn't appealing at all.

Now that's not to say that I don't recognise the good things about the film. For the time it was made, it was really innovative, and probably permanently changed the way films are made.

The performances were also great, both for the time and now.

So while I don't feel like the film is a masterpiece, and am definitely not in any rush to watch it again, I do kind of get why other people revere it, and why it's a classic. It just isn't one for me.


 

Comments

Popular Posts

Deadpool and Wolverine | Film Review

The Lion King | 100 Movies Bucket List

The Instigators | Film Review

Baahubali | 100 Movies Bucket List

A Family Affair | Film Review