Blogmas Day 5: Letter To Winter

 
 
This is based of Carrie Hope Fletcher's 'Letters To Autumn', which I loved watching.
 
So yes, this is a letter addressed to Winter. I know that Winter isn't a tangible object but let's just roll with it.
 
A lot of people hate Winter
And it's understandable.
It's cold, wet, raining
Who wants to be trekking through rain when they could be on a sunny beach?
 
But to be honest Winter, the Sun and I have never got on
I was born in the Winter, and have loved it ever since
I don't know why, but there's something about it
Something magical, mystical
 
When you read magical fairy tales, they never happen in the middle of a heatwave do they?
A snow storm is more fun, more magical
 
Not that I see much snow.
Britain is known for it's ridiculously cold weather,
But I can't remember the last time we had a white Winter.
 
Of course, I don't feel a leap in my heart when the temperature drops
I don't get excited when I see the first drop of rain
I'm not up with excitement, waiting to go out
I don't see the fun in snowball fights
 
Winter has the best holidays
Of course, Summer has the longest, that's undoubtable
But who doesn't love a good Christmas
Even Easter begins at the end of Winter.
 
I know that we never have a long Winter.
Even though we're 5 days in, it already feels like it's slipping away
So I'm going to love this Winter
And cherish each and every day.
 
Thank you so much for reading that, it was a bit sporadic and I don't really know where I was going/
 
I loved writing that, and I really want to write some more.
 
It's 20 days until Christmas!
 
Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 6!
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List