Blogmas Day 8: My Top 8 Christmas Songs!

As it's day 8 of Blogmas, I thought I'd do a 'Top 8' post.

And what better to post about in Blogmas than Christmas songs?

For me, Christmas songs are what really makes Christmas. When there are Christmas songs on the radio or music videos on the TV, I get really excited for Christmas. And listening to all of these songs while making this list has also got me really excited!

8. 'Christmastime To Me' by Jordin Sparks

This is probably the least well-known song in this countdown, so if you haven't heard it, watch it now! I first heard this song a few weeks ago and I love it so much I've had it on repeat! Jordin Sparks sounds amazing in it!

7. 'Merry Christmas Everyone' by Shakin' Stevens

This is a feel-good Christmas song that everyone knows. This makes it great because, if you're somewhere with your friends, you can all belt out at least the chorus together and really get into a Christmassy mood!
 

6. 'White Christmas' by Bing Crosby


It's not as upbeat as the first two songs, but it is just as good. I love the lyrics (because everybody dreams of a white Christmas) and I just love the way that it's sung. I also put The Wanted's version above because that is my favourite version.
 

5. 'Last Christmas' by Wham


This is another classic song that everyone knows and can sing along to. I don't know if Wham's version is the complete original version but I love their version a lot. I also included Glee's version because I really like it being sung by a woman too!
 

4. 'Do They Know It's Christmas' by Band Aid 30

I love this song a lot. But what I love even more about it is that it is used as a charity single. This year it is raising money to help the fight against Ebola, and I think it was really smart to put such well-known stars, such as One Direction in the song, because that really helped to raise a lot of money!
 

3. 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' by Wizzard

I have always loved this song so much, and I still do. This used to play all the time when I was younger. As soon as December came, Wizzard was blasting through the radios and TV screens. Because it's so well known, it is another one that so many people love and can sing along to, which really gets you into the festive spirit!
 

2. 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)' by Michael Buble

I know this isn't the original version, but I love Michael Buble's version so much! I mean, I have always loved Michael Buble anyway, but his voice in this song particularly is just amazing and I love it so much!
 

1. 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey



For me personally, there is no other song that could be number one on a Christmas song countdown. Mariah Carey's voice is perfection, the video is amazing, and there is nothing else that gets me into the Christmas spirit!
 
Comment below what some of your favourite Christmas songs are!
 
I think the more festive the song, the better it is!
 
It's 17 days until Christmas!
 
Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 9!
 


Comments

Popular Posts

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'