Blogging Schedule Changes

Hey Guys.

If you've been reading my blog since before Blogmas, then you'll know that I usually have a strict blogging schedule. I normally post normal posts on Monday's and once at the weekend, then on Wednesdays I post Book reviews, and on Fridays, I post Girl Talks.

And for the last 8 months, that has worked well.

But I have to be honest with you guys.

Finding things to write about for the 'Girl Talk' posts has been SO hard! Firstly, most of you guys are girls, so it's hard to not talk about what I have already been talking about.

Secondly, the one thing that I have always said about Lou's World is that I do not want to fit into a category. However, the Girl Talks tend to be about fashion etc. Obviously I don't mind posting about fashion I like it, but I don't want be forced to talk about something that I may not feel that passionate about (forced by myself).

So, starting in 2015, I won't be posting Girl Talks every Friday. I will still post them occasionally, and I have an idea for one to write soon, but I don't want to be so rigid!

I think having a blogging schedule is important for a blog.

So I will clarify my schedule at the end of this post.

The next issue is the book reviews. I love posting book reviews, because books (and movies) are probably my biggest passion, and I want that to be a big/huge part of Lou's World. However, between revision, writing normal posts and watching YouTube for ages, I don't read a book every week. So I may not be able to post a review every week.

Of course, I will try to post them every week, because when I've read them doesn't matter as long as I can remember them, but it may not always be possible.

Another thing that I want to address is what I post. I post the most random things and I know that a lot of you like them, because you've supported me in the last 8 months, for which I'm eternally grateful.

However, a few of you have said to me, either in a comment or privately, that you prefer my rambly 'ranty' posts more than when I do fashion posts, and to an extent, I do too.

So in 2015, I want to make my posts a lot more personal. I figure that if I'm really passionate about what I post, you guys will be passionate about what I post too!

I've always said that I will post about what I like, and not post to get followers or comments. However, every single follower, reader and comment means the world to me and I want my posts to connect with you guys, and I want to connect with you guys.

Also, on the more rambly topic (just to define, when I say rambly, I just mean random and basically writing whatever is in my head without a filter. I love to ramble!) I also want to change the way I begin and end my posts. Right now, I don't really begin them, and I just end them by saying 'Comment below...' but I want to do something different, but I don't know what.

But that's obviously not the most important thing!

So as of now, my blogging schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Friday and (probably) Sunday.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below your opinions on this blog. They mean a lot to me xx

Comments

  1. Blogging schedules are super important. :) And I love rambly posts!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you're setting a schedule, but remember, you don't need to always stick too it. Blog when you feel fit, and when you're really passionate about the subject. I have some of the Beau Bloggers to thank for telling me the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, that's really helpful xx

      Delete
  3. This is actually really helpful. I want to get a schedule similar to yours so i actually designate a time to sit down and write instead of just writing when I have an idea and posting it! A routine would be really helpful and yours looks great! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion