Blogmas Day 6: The Christmas Shopping Rant


We all have to do it, we can't avoid it.

I mean, it has been made a whole lot easier now that we can shop online, but some of us (me included) still like, or even prefer, to actually go out and buy things.

However, Christmas shopping is probably the most stressful time of the Christmas period.

First of all, there's working out what to buy.
I don't know about you, but some of my friends are such hard people to buy for. It's not that I can't think of anything to get them, but I always want to get them something that they really love and appreciate. This takes time and, more importantly, money.

Next, finding the time to shop.
As I'm in college, I don't want to spend too much time shopping for presents. In fact, I would really like to get all of the presents done in one go. But when I'm buying for a lot of people, like this year, one shopping trip just won't cut it.

Then, the early shoppers.
The time when you have a completely free day and decide to get all of your shopping done really early so that you don't have to worry about it later on. This is a really sensible thought. Too bad the whole freaking world had the same idea! Seriously, as soon as December hits, there will never be a day when the stores are not completely packed with people trying to get their presents before the rush, without realising that they are the rush!

After that, the extra presents.
When all the shopping is done, you feel completely great. You've bought presents for all your friends and family earlier than you intended to and now you can just relax. Or you could, if it wasn't for that extra person. The person that gets you a present when you really weren't expecting one from them. So you have to go out and get them an extra present, while simultaneously pretending that you had bought them a present all along.

Later, the late shoppers.
This is confusing. You thought that, because so many people were shopping in the beginning of December, when you have to buy this extra present, the shops should be empty. Who does the entirety of their Christmas shopping four days before Christmas? A lot of people, apparently.

And finally, the hole in your purse.
Christmas is done and January sales have begun, the perfect time for you to buy all the things that you wanted for Christmas but didn't get. Until you look in your purse, and find out that you spent so much money that you have none left to spend on yourself. Annoying!

I went Christmas shopping today and it was completely hectic!

Thank you for reading. I love to rant!
These are just some things that annoy me about Christmas shopping.
Comment some things that annoy you below!

It's 19 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 7!



Comments

  1. I hate present shopping. My dad is THE worst to shop for. Only so many years I can get him something to do with football or socks. He has literally no interests and I can never think of anything at all to get him. Yet I can't just get him nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand, my dad is the same way! xx

      Delete
  2. Haha I love this! I find it so hard choosing presents for people! Sometimes I just have to stick to vouchers!
    Charl Jimenez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get so annoyed with Christmas shopping. I went out today and only bought one thing :/ I never know what to buy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

The Matrix | 100 Movies Bucket List

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

Wonka | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'