Blogmas Day 17: My Christmas Traditions

 
Today, I haven't really got a lot planned.

So I thought I'd tell you a bit about what me and my family do on Christmas Day!

We start off with my sister and I waking up at around 6AM. For me, this isn't that early because I normally get up before 8 on weekends anyway, but for my sister, it's REALLY early, but I think Christmas makes it worth it.

Usually (or for the last 5 or 6 years anyway) we have to wait for my dad to come over, which usually takes til about 8AM as he lives in Essex.

Then we open our presents and play/look at them. Usually, if I get a book, I'll read a few chapters to get a bit of a feel for it. Also, because my sister will usually get games, as a good big sister, I have to play all the games to test them out right?

Anyway, then we put on our nice clothes to make our way to my aunt's house. This is a family tradition and has been going on for as long as I can remember.

Usually, each family (as in each household, for example, me, my mum and sister) makes something to contribute to the meal, like a salad, or macaroni cheese.

My aunt generally makes the big things, like the turkey and the roast potatoes. Then we all come over and give her our food.

We then sit and wait until everyone arrives. When everyone does, she hands out these little menu cards, letting everyone tick what they want on their plates, and what drinks they want.

She then brings out everyone's meals, and we all have a nice time eating.

Then we may play some games or just talk, for an hour or two before we leave at about 7PM.

We then get home and play with our games or read our books until we go to bed.

It's the same every year!

Comment some of your family traditions!

It's 8 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 18!

Comments

  1. sounds nice! my family always has christmas lunch & pie at my grandparents' house :)

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I'm so impressed! I couldn't possibly wait for two hours D:

    For me, it starts on Christmas Eve, because we go to one of parent's friend house every year because it's always Christmas-y and then go to mass. Then on Christmas day me and brothers normally get up quite early, although we're getting later and later, because we're technically not allowed to open presents until our parents come down xD Then throughout the day everyone comes round to ours, and I think this years we're having everyone for Christmas dinner so that's fun!

    For me Christmas doesn't even end to the 27th because my aunt has a really massive family party that everyone goes to, so I get to see all my cousins and we always get up to something, so that's another tradition haha

    Merry Christmas!! (even though I'm still early)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really nice! xx
      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

One Day | TV Show Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

Upgraded | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'