Blogmas Day 3: Affordable Present Ideas

 
Hey Guys!
 
The one thing that I find extremely annoying about Christmas is the fact that, by the time it comes around, people don't have a lot of money to spend!

So I came up with 5 ideas of ways to save money when Christmas shopping.

I really hope this helps you out this year!



- Shop With Friends

This is the easiest thing. If you and a friend have another mutual friend, and you have something in mind to get for that friend, buy what you want and half the price with your other friend. That way you have gotten your friend a really nice present and only paid half the price. This also makes sense if neither you or your friend has any idea to get that person. You can go shopping together and promise to half anything that you spend.

- Make Something
This may seem like something you do in primary school, but I think it still counts when you get much older. Making something that you've put a lot of thought into can really show someone that you care about them. Also, they will know if you've taken the time and effort to do something that you wouldn't normally do. It might make them happy to know that you've gone to a special effort just for them. And I think it's a really nice thing to do.

- Cook For Your Friends
If you have a lot of friends who you need to buy presents for, but you have no idea what to get for them, invite all of them over and cook for them (or an equivalent (like a takeaway) if cooking isn't your thing). Having a nice evening in with your friends, maybe even a mock Christmas, could really be a nice thing. They get to have a nice meal out, and you get to have a catch-up session with all of your friends and celebrate Christmas without spending that much money.

- Make a Photo Book
Although this does come under making something, I think it deserves it's own part. Making a book of memories for your friends is a great way to show them that you appreciate your shared memories. The easiest way to do this is to take the pictures that they have on their Facebook pages, because that way, you already know what their most cherished memories are and know that they want to share these memories. Having them in a book means that they can look at them whenever they like, and they can always think of you when they open the book.

-Personalised Gifts
I think it's much easier shopping for a Christmas gift if that gift is completely personal, like an inside joke between you and your friend. For example, with me, I know that I would much prefer someone to make me a calendar filled with YouTubers (which would be amazing!) than I would for someone to buy me an iPad mini. I would appreciate it much more and it would let me know that the people buying me presents really know what I like.

I really hope these 5 tips gave you a few ideas.

Let me know if you've used any of my suggestions below!

Also, comment below some of your own suggestions, I'd love to read them!

It's 22 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 4!

Comments

  1. These are really good ideas that I'm thinking about using. Thank you. I'm absolutely broke this year but my friends deserve better presents than what I can afford to buy xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx That happens to me every year!

      Delete
  2. Love this def gonna use it

    check out todays blogmas post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave my best friend a photo album for her birthday and you're totally right, they are such a lovely gift! excellent post and great great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely will use these ideas, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! You're welcome xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely! I'm making chocolate mice this year! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List