July Favourites | 2017

Hey Guys x

It's time for another favourites post. Each month I apologise for my lack of posts, and I'm gonna do that again right now. I have plans for posts that I sometimes can't be bothered to write, and then I feel so guilty when I see that the blog hasn't been updated in a while.

I'm not gonna promise to upload more often, because I don't know if I will. But I will promise to write more, because I really miss it when I don't.

Anyway, let's get on with my favourites!

Favourite Movie: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Image result for spider-man homecoming

I will write an in-depth non-spoiler review of this, but as of right now I'll just say that I really really enjoyed this movie. So many people have described it as 'fun', but I thought that there were times when it got really deep and heartfelt and... emotional. But yeah, there is a lot of fun, and it's also quite funny which is great! I'm not sure about comparing it to the other Spider-Man movies, but as a stand-alone MCU movie, it's an amazing addition to the franchise, Tom Holland is truly an incredible actor, and it just makes me even more excited for Infinity War!

Favourite TV Show: Younger
Image result for Younger poster
WOW. I am in love with this show. I first started watching it because Hilary Duff said that it was like 'Sex and the City', but younger (haha!) so I took a chance on it. The show is about a 40 year old, divorced single-mother called Liza Miller. She finds that, after being out of work for 15 years, she can't get a job. So she does the only thing she can think of - she pretends to be 26. And surprisingly, it works! Everyone in her work-life believes that she's a millennial. However, when Liza's two worlds collide, everything becomes 100 times more complicated. Can she keep her secret, and her job?
This is a show that everyone should be watching, especially if you're a woman that likes to watch shows about empowering women. Each woman is professional and strong and a character in their own right, rather than a vehicle for male interaction. WATCH. THIS. SHOW.

Favourite Song: Despacito

I could only post the Justin Bieber remix version, but definitely check out the original rather than this one. I know that so many people are bored of this song now, but I really can't get enough of it! I can't understand a word that they're saying, but I don't care. The beat, everything is just so great, I could listen to it over and over again. I know I'll probably be bored of it soon, but for not it's my number one song!

Favourite YouTuber: Carrie Hope Fletcher
Image result for carrie hope fletcher 2017

You probably know that I'm obsessed with Carrie, but if you don't, I am. However, she's here this month because of her new book, 'All That She Can See'. I think this book is amazing! I'm 3/4 of the way through and I've had to force myself to put it down so that I don't finish it too quickly. It's about a girl called Cherry who can put good feelings (or any feelings really) into the food that she bakes. That's a very brief intro, but I don't want to spoil anything! Just, go out and get the book, read it, and be taken in by Cherry's incredible story. Carrie is everything!

Favourite Game: Choices
Image result for choices game

I am obsessed with this game! It's literally a game of choices. Your character(s) are put in a variety of different scenarios, and you have to make the choices that move them forward with their lives. The games include being a police detective, being a college student, being a superhero and many more. Give this game a chance, you definitely will not regret it. And it's free, so you have nothing to lose!

Favourite Actor: Paul Wesley
Image result for paul wesley

Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the Vampire Diaries, which I am completely obsessed with! I'm in the process of re-watching and am just about to start season 3, which I know was Paul's favourite to play because his character completely changes. However, he's also my favourite because I've started another fanfic, which is a social media fanfic based on him. A social media fanfic is a story that uses social media (for me, Instagram more than anything else) to display the relationship of two characters. That means a lot of imagination and a lot of photoshop! But it's the most fun fic I've ever written, and I'm really proud of a lot of the pictures that I've made. If you want to check out the first few chapters of the fic, you can find it here!

Favourite YouTube Video: Jack Howard's Spider-Man Review

I just find it so interesting to watch someone who loves film, talk about film. This review has spoilers in it, so watch the movie first if you haven't, but I've known for ages that Jack is in love with Spider-man. Because of this, I was really excited to see his review. I felt a lot of the same things that he did about the film, and I can't wait to see him review more films as he's one person who's opinion I always trust.

Thank you for reading.

Comment below some of your own July favourites!

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List