April Favourites | 2017

Hey Guys x

I've just handed in all my essays for my course (with 5 days to spare) so I'm feeling a bit giddy! All I have left is an exam and I'm done!

However, it's time for a favourites post, of course it is. And this month was a great one for favourites!

Although I've been really busy (finishing said essays), I was still able to find a lot to tell you about!

So, let's get on with it!

Favourite Movie: Would You Rather
Image result for would you rather movie poster

I can't believe I only saw this film for the first time this month! It's a horror film about a group of people who go to a dinner party with the knowledge that they will play a game. Whoever wins this game will get all of their financial problems completely taken care of, whatever they may be. It turns out that this 'game' is a really sick version of 'Would you rather', where you have to actually do the things that you choose. It's gross and messy and gory and possibly psychologically damaging and I loved every second of it! I'm a HUGE fan of the SAW horror franchise, so when I tell you that there were some parts of this movie that I couldn't watch, it should tell you how gory it is. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend it, not only to horror lovers, but to anyone who wants to try something different and doesn't have a weak stomach!

Favourite TV Show: The Office US
Image result for the office us poster

WOW. Why did no one tell me to start watching this ages ago?? It is my favourite thing in the world right now, so much so that I stay up until 3am every single day bingeing this and trying not to wake the house up with my laughter. It's about a group of people working in an office that sells paper, and the things that they get up to, while being filmed by a film crew. When a look at the camera can have an audience in fits of laughter, you know the show is a hit. I've never watched anything like it before, so my expectations weren't particularly high, but I am so glad that I started watching it. Give it a chance, I promise you won't regret it!

Favourite YouTuber: Hazel Hayes
Image result for hazel hayes 2017

Weirdly, I'd be more surprised if it wasn't Hazel Hayes, my love for this woman is infinite. There's not even a particular reason for it this month, just that I am a fan of everything she makes, from her 'filler' content, to her short films and various projects. She's been in New York for a few days, pitching scripts for different things, and I am just so proud. I can't wait to see what she comes out with, and I know for sure that I will be here for anything that she creates!

Favourite Game: Choices

Image result for choices game

Pixelberry, the company behind 'Choices' are completely killing it with their games at the moment! 'Choices' is, I guess, a simulation game. There are an array of stories where your character gets to do loads of things (such as be a detective, or date a prince!) but everything that happens is based on your choices. It's just so creative and entertaining, I could play for hours. It's also free, so definitely download it and play a few chapters!

Favourite Music Artist: The Wanted
Image result for the wanted

You may or may not know this, but I used to be obsessed with The Wanted. Last week, I randomly went back and started watching a few of their videos, and a wave of gratefulness and emotion came over me. It was only then that I realised what these guys have done for me. They're, first off, the reason why I even bothered to get social media in the first place, back in 2011 (I think), but they also helped me to fall in love with music and I can't thank them enough. Them and their fandom, the TWFanmily, showed me the best parts of being involved in a fandom and I wouldn't change that for the world! Thank you TW!

Favourite Celebrity: Matt Damon
Image result for matt damon tattoo

The love is real. I've been seriously crushing since just before the Oscars in February, and that crush is blossoming into a full-blown love. He's a normal family guy, he's got four daughters, he loves his wife to pieces, he's not embroiled in any scandals, he just seems like a genuinely nice guy, and I love that. And then there's his films! Every month when I mention an actor, I use the word 'versatile' - he is SO versatile I can't even. He reminds me a bit of Chris Pine in the way that he can, and has, played every role imaginable! He's the action hero (Jason Bourne films), the romantic lead (the Adjustment Bureau), the doting father (We Bought a Zoo), the young genius (Good Will Hunting), the astronaut (The Martian) and I haven't even mentioned the Oceans movies, Behind the Candelabra or The Departed (which, sorry for my language, is fucking incredible! You have to swear when you talk about it because it's THAT good!) and those are just the ones that I've seen! He has a whole host of films that I have yet to get my hands on! But yes, he can do everything, write, produce, he's phenomenal!

Random Favourites:
Drama High Book Series

Image result for drama high books

I used to read these all the time when I was in secondary school! Nostalgia hit me last week and I, on a whim, just bought two of them. I've been reading the one pictured above and it's just bringing everything back! I'm not sure if I'd recommend them, because I think I have a bias towards them because I love them from my childhood, but feel free to read the blurbs and see what you think!

Finishing Rogue
















Ok, so you may or may not know that, for the last year and a bit, I've been writing this fanfiction, pictured above, based on the Avengers. I am uploading the last chapter(s) of this tomorrow and the mix of emotions is so heavy. I think I'm going to write a whole blog post on this, maybe next week, but I just wanted to mention it here too. I can't believe that this has come to an end. I have a few things planned for the last chapter, so if you want to check it out, you can read it here!

Thank you for reading!

What have been your favourite things this month? Comment below!

Lou xx

Comments

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'