Blogmas Day 5 | Best Friend Gift Guide


Hey Guys! Welcome to Blogmas day 5!

This is a post that I've been especially excited about!

I have a lot of friends that I'm buying presents for this year, so I knew that I wanted to do a gift guide specifically for the gifts that you get your closest friends.

Shopping for friends can be the hardest thing, mainly because you know them better than acquaintances, but not as well as your immediate family. Basically, unless you and your best friend have basically lived next door to each other since you were less than a year old, it may be hard to know what they'll appreciate. Especially if, like me, when you ask them what they want, their answer is 'I don't know'.

This has been a problem for me this year, particularly because I haven't seen some of my friends since September, so they may have a new favourite thing or their tastes may have changed.

So this is a guide to buying presents for friends. Go with one of these and you can't go wrong!

Use Old Memories
Whether they're tastes have changed or not, one thing that can't change is the memories that you've made together. So buying something that reminds you of your past with them will probably mean as much to them as it does to you. Plus, this doesn't even have to be expensive, after all, it's the thought that counts!

Buy A Memory
This isn't literal, obviously you can't buy a memory. By this I mean, rather than buying an object, something that they can hold and do something with, treat them. Take them out for dinner or to the cinema. Take them on a day out in your favourite city. Create some memories with them. That's better than any object surely?

Get Personal!
Buying someone a diary costs about £6 and it just seen as something casual. Buying someone a diary with their name on it costs about £8 and is something that they can treasure forever, especially if their name is quite unusual and they can normally never find something with their name on it. It will make for a great present and they'll really feel like you'll care!

Don't Buy Anything
Yes, you saw this right. Sometimes there's no need to buy anything! Invite them over, get some movies, order some food and chill out, make a night of it! Just because it's Christmas doesn't mean you need to spend bucket loads of money! You can even invite a whole group of friends. If nothing else, it means that you don't have to buy any presents!

Bake Something
I guess this only applies if you like to bake, but you can also buy something and pretend you baked it! I read a book recently where the main character made fudge hearts and favours for a wedding, and I thought it was such a nice idea that can apply to Christmas too! Bake some cookies or something, and then instead of giving out presents, give everyone a card and a cookie. I'm sure most people would appreciate this, especially if you can actually bake!

These are just some ideas that I'm thinking about for this Christmas!

Let me know some of your ideas in the comments!

It's 20 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 6!

Comments

  1. This was such a lovely post - great idea!

    Girl Aboad
    http://girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always baking for friends! Name the occasion, I've made a cake for it! This year, we all agreed to get each other the weirdest/dorkiest things possible; I've bought things ranging from rainbow knee socks to a grow your own Jesus!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a good idea, I love it! xx

      Delete
  3. I loved this, I was just freaking out about what I would get my friends for christmas and this really helped! xx

    http://michelleberglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I'm glad it could help xx

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love "buying a memory" it's so sweet to treat your friends to a day out and that way you'll remember the present forever. Loved this post xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best friend loves to bake, so I got her some baking tools I know she's been wanting :) I really like your ideas that don't involve a physical object (not buying a gift & buying a memory). They're both great ideas and are really meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great options! I really like the one about buying a memory, which is essentially to create a new memory. It's hard thinking of what to get for close friends. Nothing ever seems good enough because you can't go for generic gifts, and there's really nothing you can purchase to show how much you care. your ideas were pretty spot on and great!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'