Blogmas Day 7: My Favourite Christmas Movies!

Hey Guys x

Welcome to Blogmas Day 7! Today we're talking about Christmas Movies!

Christmas movies are not generally something that I'm really into, so I haven't seen that many, but the few I have seen, I really love.

So I thought I'd share my favourites with you!

Elf


This is definitely one of my favourites, the classic Elf! What I love about this film is that it's really magical without being explicitly magical. I don't think that makes sense but I'm going with it! It's the perfect film to watch with everyone because who doesn't love the magic of Christmas? Plus, watching it makes me feel really Christmassy, which is obviously a bonus!

This Christmas


I love this film so much, basically because it's the opposite of Elf! Rather than having magic and it being magical, it's about a normal family getting together over the Christmas period, like most families like to do. However, for me, this film has a hidden magic. The fact that the family is so normal, for me, makes me feel Christmassy and magical because Christmas kind of has the same effect on everyone, and that really came across well in this film.

The Family Stone


I've only seen this once, but I really liked it when I saw it! Like 'This Christmas', it's about a family that is getting together over the Christmas period and trying to spend some time together. However, with rivalries and family secrets being unearthed, there may not be a lot to smile about this festive season! Trust me, it's such a good film!

Black Christmas


Yes, this is exactly what I need at this time of year, a Christmas horror movie! It's from 1974 and is a film about a sorority house that is plagued by mysterious phone calls during the Christmas period, before some of the sorority sisters begin to die in mysterious ways. Is it just in their heads, or is there a killer on the loose? As a lover of Horror movies, I had to put this in. And don't be put off by the fact that it was made so long ago, often the older horror movies are better than the modern ones!

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang


I only found out that this counts as a Christmas movie today, and I was so excited because it's already one of my favourite movies! I mean, I don't know if I've mentioned this on my blog enough, but Robert Downey Jr is everything to me, as crazy as that sounds. My favourite actor, idol, inspiration, everything, I love him to pieces! And this film is completely amazing! I wouldn't class this as a Christmas movie really, but it's an excuse to talk about RDJ in Blogmas so I'm taking it!

Iron Man 3


I said to myself 'If Kiss Kiss Bang Bang counts as a Christmas movie, then I am definitely talking about Iron Man 3 next!' because it's set at Christmas, but no one really counts it as a Christmas movie, which I don't really get! Again, when I watch it, it doesn't really make me feel Christmassy, but it has RDJ in it and is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so I love it more than all the other Christmas movies!

Home Alone


Again, another classic Christmas film. There's no point in me even talking about why I love it because I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't love it! It's just so smart and witty, the script and actors are amazing, and I have to watch it every Christmas!

Love Actually


And I've saved the best for last! With or without Christmas, Love Actually will always be one of my favourite films without a doubt, honestly! I love all of the different stories and I love seeing people go from strangers to being the most important things in each others lives. If you haven't seen this film yet, you definitely need to!

Thanks so much for reading!

It's 18 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 8!

Comments

  1. Who doesn't love Home Alone or Love Actually? I think aside from these two, my favourite is It's a Wonderful Life .

    Great post x

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that, but I've been told it's amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. Loving your Blogmas so far! I'm also doing it :)

    Girl Abroad
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Elf, Home Alone (all-time favorite), and Love Actually! They're all awesome films :) Horror movies aren't my favorite, but Black Christmas sounds amazing from your description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great! Give it a chance, it's not that scary! xx

      Delete
  4. Woohooo 18 days til Christmas!!
    I love watching Elf and Love Actually. I'm such a sucker for romcoms and cheesy holiday movies.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'