Blogmas Day 2: Why I Love Christmas!


Hey Guys x

Today, I wanted to talk about why I love Christmas, because I have fallen in love with it over the last 2 years.

This year, present giving is something that I'm really excited for! Since I've had money of my own and have been introduced to the world of online shopping, I've loved finding really specific things for my friends, and I'm so excited for them to open the presents.

I mean, of course I'm excited about getting presents as well as giving them, who doesn't want to receive presents? But I'm really happy with the things that I've bought. And when Christmas is done, I might do a post about what I bought my friends, just to give you some ideas. All I can say now is, Amazon is a godsend!

But something that always strikes me about Christmas is Christmas lights.

For me, when the decorations go up, it really makes Christmas seem magical, like anything could happen! Especially in places like Oxford street.

I've never had Christmas lights on my house, but a few houses in my area always go hard and have huge decorations. One house every year even has an inflatable Santa that they put up every year at the same time, and I think one of my favourite memories is driving past that and thinking that this is when Christmas officially starts!

And then there's the food! Isn't Christmas the only time of year when everyone just forgets about healthy eating entirely because 'It's Christmas!', and I am definitely one of these people, not that I worry much about healthy eating anyway! Why is it that Christmas food is always the best food?

And then there's this atmosphere. I don't know because I celebrate Christmas, but if you don't, do you still feel that Christmassy feel in the air? In the UK especially, it feels like you could be dropped anywhere with no knowledge of the time, date or year, but if it's near Christmas, you'll just know it!

Anyway, that's only a few things that make me love the Christmas period.

What do you love about Christmas?

It's 23 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 3!

Comments

  1. I just ordered a couple gifts for my friends off Amazon as well! And even though I don't celebrate Christmas, this post got me very excited for the holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your friends love the gifts xx

      Delete
  2. Those are reasons why i love christmas too! I am in love with this post, Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely follow you xx

      Delete
  3. Every year I tell myself, I will go present shopping early and not cram it in last minute. And every year I manage to hold it off til the last minute. Gift shopping is so hard for me! I'm way better at making gifts and giving a gift through a thoughtful gesture than actually giving a storebought gift.
    I love christmas lights as well! there's something so cheery and festive about them. I especially love when not only houses are decorated, but also trees and stuff nearby malls and shopping centers.

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you're better at making gifts, a lot of people will appreciate that more than something storebought anyway xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion