Blogmas Day 16: Gift Giving Rant!


Hey Guys x

I haven't done a rant in a while, so I'm doing one now!

I'm ranting about both giving and receiving presents, because as much as I love doing it, there are some things about exchanging gifts that annoy me!

I hope you enjoy reading my rant!

Presents Coming Late
This is a problem that I'm suffering with now. It's not so bad with family because you see them all the time, but chances are, when you're meeting up with friends, you've chosen the one date that all of you can do. Therefore, when you buy them presents and they come late, you can't give them to them at any other time! I'm going through this now and it's turning into a nightmare!

Costs
There's no way of getting around it, Christmas is the most expensive time of year, and there's no way to get around this because there are some people that you have to buy presents for no matter what!

Knowing What You Want
Christmas is the time of year when you get countless people asking you what you want. Personally, not only do I never really have anything specific in mind anyway, but it seems awkward to say to someone 'get me this', so I just tend to go with 'I don't know', which leaves them to use their imagination, which can either be really good or really bad!

Not Knowing What They Want
This is the other side of that argument. As much as I do it, when someone else says that they don't know what they want, I feel completely stuck because I have no idea what to get people!

The Thought That Counts
You know that saying 'it's the thought that counts', that's something to rant about in itself. For me, when giving presents, the thought isn't that someone gave you a present at all, it's that they gave you something that they thought you would like. For example, if someone gives you something that they chose in 30 seconds, then there really wasn't any thought behind it in the beginning, unless they know you so well that they can find you the perfect present in minutes!

Thank you for reading. Let me know what annoys you about gift giving!

It's 9 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 17!

Comments

  1. So relatable xoxo
    Ella
    ellacrabb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is so relatable! Especially the presents coming late when it's out of your control too! xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true!! I don't like how Christmas presents cost so much because you have to find good gifts for many people. Such a hard hit on my bank account.
    I get you, it's hard figuring out what you want for christmas because it feels awkward saying "get me this or this". Then there's always that price limit you set with friends. Christmas shopping in general is tough for me. I feel so pressured to find good things but then after Christmas, I get so many ideas on what I should have gotten instead.
    Great post!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, all of those things are so annoying! Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. That last point is so true! I've never thought about it like that before, lol. I just started ordering things online and there's always that fear of the gifts not coming when I need them to :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review

One Day | TV Show Review

Se7en | 100 Movies Bucket List

Upgraded | Film Review

NYAD | Film Review