Blogmas Day 6: Letter To Winter | 2015


I did one of these last year and I loved writing it, so I thought that I'd do another one, one year on.
Let me know what you think!

Dear Winter,
It's been a year since we last spoke
And I've literally gone from the top of the world to flat out broke.
It's come quicker this time, and it's not as cold
Even the British weather doesn't have to be told

Ok, so from last year to now, not a lot has changed.
Except I've started Uni, so many well-wishes have been exchanged.
I'm still blogging, I never stopped...
Except that one week in October, but that memory has been firmly blocked!

I'm still wishing for an extremely white winter
Or as white as can be, given that winter is disappearing quicker and quicker.
The first drop of rain though, has come and gone
Yet somehow, the excitement for Christmas still seems put-on

Ok, so I don't really know where I'm going with this
But my 'Letter To Winter' is something that I never want to miss.
And of course, I'm forcing these words to rhyme
But, whatever I write, it's just a moment in time.

Blogging if just a moment in time, is a great moment
But a moment nonetheless, completely frozen
Words on a page, which can only be edited by me
So I hope that this represents what I can be.

I'm rambling now, so I'm ending this soon
Because if I keep going on, you'll be here reading past noon.
And yes, I know that this is probably extremely cheesy
But writing this pleases me

So merry Christmas, and merry Blogmas too
Keep up to date with the posts that I do
Because in 19 days everything's over, there'll be no more presents.
So come back tomorrow for Blogmas day seven

Lou xx

Comments

  1. Lou, that was AMAZING! You are a brilliant writer AND poet, haha. I loved this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was amazing! You definitely are an amazing poet :D

    Girl Abroad
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Road House (2024) | Film Review

Wonka | Film Review

Scarface (1983) | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List