Blogmas Day 3: Shopping | Online vs IRL


Hey Guys x

Christmas shopping is something at the forefront of everyone's minds right now. As soon as December comes, everyone starts shopping.

For me, I've done shopping religiously in real life up until this year when I decided to just try shopping online.

I've found merits in both online and IRL, but they both have their cons too!

Shopping In Real Life

Pros
The great thing about literally going to a shop is that everything that you could possibly buy is right in front of you. You can touch and see everything, and evaluate whether or not this is the thing you want to buy.

You can make a day of it. If you have a friend who needs to do their shopping too, you guys can go together and spend the day buying as much as you need!

It's easy to find specific things. For example, if you know you want to buy a specific perfume, go to 'The Perfume Store' and ask. It's so easy to find something specific if you know what you're looking for.

Cons
It's time consuming. If you don't know what you want specifically, looking around shop after shop, hoping something will catch your eye can take way too long! And if nothing does catch your eye, you have to go home empty handed, which can be the most annoying thing!

A lot of the time, buying things in store is much more expensive than buying online. Especially because online around Christmas time you can generally find a lot of deals on things, which is great!

Shopping Online

Pros
You can find the best things even though that's not what you were looking for. You're recommended things that you would never think of buying, and end up having great presents to give to people.

You don't need to leave the house. Everything you order can be delivered directly to your doorstep and most of the time you don't even need to sign for it, just take it from the delivery person. Sometimes they can even just put it through the letterbox, you don't have to do anything!

Bulk buying. You can buy a present for every single person in your family and every friend in one sitting, which I love!

Cons
Delivery dates. It can be annoying when you order something with plenty of time for it to be delivered, and it still comes late, particularly if you're seeing the person that you're buying for before the estimated delivery date! This can be really annoying!

Spending too much! When you don't literally have to take the money/card out of your purse and give it to someone else, you can forget how much money you're spending! Trust me, I've fallen victim to this before and I probably will again!

I hope this was helpful when deciding how you're going to do your Christmas shopping!

It's 22 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 4!

Comments

  1. It's too easy to overspend when shopping online. I get so tempted with everything. And it's way easier to type in your credit card info than swiping your card. I try to pay in cash when I shop in real life because then I get a feel of the money I'm losing hahaha

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! This post was unique and I loved it, haha. I definitely agree that going home empty handed after spending hours upon hours shopping is the worst :( Can't wait for day 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a creative blogmas post well done. I love making a day of real life shopping but I love the convenience of online shopping. But one time I did accidentally order 140 stickers of one direction and wasn't able to return them so I tend to do real life shopping now haha xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.com/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha, that's hilarious! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'