Blogmas Day 10: Books To Read This Christmas!

Hey Guys x

I could not get through 24 days of blogging without talking about books at least once, and day 10 is perfect because we've all got loads of time to get through some Christmas stories!

I don't really read Christmas books that much, but there are a few that I am completely in love with, so I'm going to show you them now!

Christmas With Billy and Me


I love Giovanna Fletcher, as many of you know, so of course this book would be in the list! It carries on from the first story, called 'Billy and Me', where Sophie and Billy and spending Christmas with her mum and new boyfriend. It's such a lovely feel-good story and it'll really get you into the Christmas spirit!

Dream A Little Christmas Dream


Again, Giovanna has written a second Christmas based short story, and I love it just as much, if not more than, Christmas with Billy and Me. It follows from her book 'Dream A Little Dream' and you find the same group of friends during Christmas time. Like the first one, it's a great story, very Christmassy, and for this time of year, reading this book with a cup of hot chocolate is the best feeling ever!

Snowed In For Christmas


This is a book that is amazing, whether it was based on Christmas or not. I've not finished it yet, but so far it's great! It's about an Irish woman called Asta who fled Ireland when she was 16 because she got pregnant. Now, 16 years later, and she's taking her daughter Kitty back to Ireland so that she can finally meet her relatives. But returning to Ireland means unearthing some family secrets, which can never be covered up again. It's such an amazing idea and I can't wait to finish it!

A Christmas Carol


The classic Winter tale, which most people know about, even if they haven't read. For those who don't know, it's the story of Scrooge, who is made to explore his life through the ghosts of Christmas past, present and 'yet to come'. I love this because I love it when the characters have to learn a lesson about themselves, and this is a great way to explore that.

Thank you for reading! What books are you reading this Christmas?

It's 15 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 11!

Comments

  1. I tried a bit of Dickens this month (the Crickets on the Heart) but it didn't go too well! So, I going to read 101 Dalmatians and If I stay.

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love this! If I Stay is amazing xx

      Delete
  2. I've seen the movie adaptation of A Christmas Carol; I didn't even know there was a book! I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Miller's Girl | Film Review

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'