Reindeer Games Homecoming | Blogmas Day 10

It's Blogmas day 10!

I will admit, the thing about this film that caught my eye was Sarah Drew. I love her in Grey's Anatomy, and I always love seeing her in other movies. I didn't really know what the film was about other than that she was in it.

After the death of her father, MacKenzie (Sarah Drew) works hard to keep the 'Reindeer Games' tradition alive. But when her high-school crush Chase (Justin Bruening) returns home, sparks fly between the pair.

I didn't like this one as much as I wanted to.

It takes a while for the film to have a discernible plot, and when it did become about her potential romance with her crush, it just wasn't that interesting.

The characters are fun and enjoyable to watch, but they're also a bit two-dimensional, which can often be the case in Lifetime movies.

One of the main plot points is the 'Reindeer Games' themselves, and while you can see that they may be fun to actually take part in, they weren't that fun to watch.

The chemistry between the main couple takes a little while to develop. I didn't really get them at first, but I was definitely interested in them as the film continued.

I never really cared about anything that happened, and I never really connected to the characters.

Overall, this wasn't particularly festive, and I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I wanted to.


Title - 5/10

Originality - 5/10

Christmas Spirit - 4/10

Christmas Music - 1/10


It's 15 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 11!


 


Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review