A Christmas to Treasure | Blogmas Day 21

It's Blogmas day 21!

This was another random one, picked pretty much at the last minute. But the premise was unique and looked fun so I definitely wanted to see it!

When six friends reunite for a treasure hunt, sparks fly between Austin (Taylor Frey) and his former best friend Everett (Kyle Dean Massey).

I really wish I'd liked this more, but unfortunately it wasn't that great.

For a start, although it was advertised, there were way too many characters. Especially because at least three of them looked really similar and it took me a while to work out who was who.

The thing that made this film original for me, outside of the reunion of friends, was the treasure hunt. But so little time was spent actually hunting for treasure! It was the only interesting thing about the movie and it was cut down way too much.

None of the characters are really developed to the point of having real personalities.

In addition to that, none of the couples really had chemistry, which is crazy because after watching the film, I was reading reviews and found out that the main couple are actually married in real life! I did not get that from watching them on screen.

Overall, this wasn't what I wanted it to be. It ignored the originality of its premise for a generic love story that I didn't really buy.


Title - 6/10

Originality - 6/10 (for the idea), 4/10 (for the reality)

Christmas Spirit - 2/10 (was it Christmas?)

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 4 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 22!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List