Family Switch | Blogmas Day 12

 

It's Blogmas day 12!

I always try to choose something a bit special for Day 12, as it's my birthday. But for this year, I had actually planned a different film, but that film ended up being so disappointing I ended up switching it for this one instead, as I liked this one much more!

When a family accidentally switch bodies, their journey to find their way back to themselves ends up bringing them closer to each other.

I liked this movie. It wasn't my favourite, but it's definitely a fun one to watch.

The cast is great (the film stars Jennifer Garner, Ed Helms, Emma Myers, Brady Noon and Rita Moreno), and the characters are really likeable, and only get moreso as the film continues.

It's not the most original plot, but setting it at Christmas definitely gives it a hit of originality and makes it feel fresh.

It's well-written and funnier than I expected. And while some of the humour comes across as quite juvenile and cringey, some of it works well.

My biggest gripe about the movie is that it wasn't as festive as it could be. The events of the film could take place at any time of year and nothing would change.

Overall, as far as body switching movies go, this was better than 'The Change-Up', but worse than 'Freaky Friday (2003)'. As far as Christmas movies go, it was enjoyable and fun but definitely could have been more festive.


Title - 4/10

Originality - 5/10

Christmas spirit - 2/10

Christmas music - 4/10


It's 13 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 13!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review