A Sugar & Spice Holiday | Blogmas Day 14

It's Blogmas day 14!

When I was picking Blogmas movies, for some reason, this one really stood out to me. I don't know exactly why, but something about the poster felt really comforting, and I hoped the actual movie felt the same way.

Suzy (Jacky Lai) goes home for Christmas in the middle of a huge work project and has to balance working for a promotion with participating in her town's gingerbread house competition.

I loved this film so much! It's definitely one of my favourites this year!

The opening scene alone was so sweet! I found myself tearing up while watching it, which definitely says something!

The entirety of the film is about baking, so it will definitely put you in the mood to do some yourself - and it's a perfect one to watch while actually baking! 

I loved the way the character described everyone she knew using a variety of baked goods. It was really creative and unique.

All the characters were so fun to watch! But Suzy in particular was a great main character to spend time with.

I was actually invested in the story. It wasn't the most unique plot, but because I liked the characters so much, I really wanted to see where it would go.

Overall, this is definitely one to watch this holiday season! It's adorable, the characters are great, the sweet treats look amazing, and it'll really get you in the festive spirit!


Title - 6/10

Originality - 3/10

Christmas spirit - 7/10

Christmas music - 3/10


It's 11 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 15



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List