Christmas Everlasting | Blogmas Day 5

It's Blogmas day 5!

The plot for this film was different to most of the other films I picked for Blogmas, so I really wanted to include it.

When Lucy (Tatyana Ali) returns home following the tragic death of her sister, she discovers some very unique stipulations in her sister's will.

This was a really unique Christmas film. Where I thought it would eventually become a generic Hallmark-ish movie, it didn't.

The film moves very slowly, and because it is so upsetting and sombre, you feel every single minute. Especially for at least the first hour.

I never cared about any of the characters, including Lucy. She was likeable enough, but I never felt like I got to know her as a person outside of her grief.

There is a really sweet side story as we learn more about Lucy's sister and the secrets she kept, but this was the only aspect of the plot that was actually interesting. I felt quite bored throughout the rest of the movie.

And while it is undeniably Christmas in the movie, it didn't need to be. This film could take place at any time of year and almost be exactly the same.

Overall, this definitely a favourite for me, and there are definitely better Christmas movies to watch.


Title - 4/10

Originality - 6/10

Christmas spirit - 3/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 20 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 6!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review