The Christmas Venue | Blogmas Day 18

It's Blogmas day 18!

This was a random one that I picked to fill out the Blogmas list. I didn't really know what it was about, and wasn't particularly looking forward to it.

After a break-up, Cait (Jessy Holtermann) goes home for Christmas and meets handyman Drew (James Liddell), who is helping her father fix their family bed-and-breakfast to be sold. But can Cait find a way to save the B&B?

I didn't really feel anything about this movie. I wasn't disappointed by it, but I also didn't enjoy it, it was just meh.

The characters, story and 'venue' (aka the B&B) were all a bit bland, and things mostly stayed that way throughout the entirety of the film.

Because I didn't really know what this was about, I was surprised when the plot changed about 30 minutes in. I liked the change but felt disappointed that it didn't start earlier, given the movie was so short.

The most endearing character was the one we're not supposed to like. Why was he not the main love interest?? Especially because the actual couple didn't have the greatest chemistry.

The story itself doesn't have a lot going on, and one reason for this is the use of one location. I felt like they (and I) were trapped in this B&B and I just wanted them (and myself) to escape.

And then there's the ending. I don't think this is a spoiler but the film spends a lot of time building up to a wedding that we never get to see. It ended so abruptly that I actually laughed out loud. The wedding was one thing I actually wanted to see!

Overall, not one of my favourites. There are definitely better Christmas romances out there.


Title - 1/10

Originality - 2/10

Christmas spirit - 4/10

Christmas music - 2/10


It's 7 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 19!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List