Candy Cane Lane | Blogmas Day 13

It's Blogmas day 13!

This is one that I was really looking forward to. It was new and looked like it would be a really fun watch. I love Hallmark romance Christmas movies, but it's also nice to have these more family-oriented movies.

In order to make his house perfect for Christmas, Chris Carver (Eddie Murphy) makes a deal that inadvertently brings the 12 days of Christmas to life.

I was really disappointed with this. It definitely wasn't as fun or enjoyable as I wanted it to be.

It starts off really slowly and doesn't make us care about the characters. And this was a theme that continued throughout - I never cared about the characters and couldn't really connect with them.

I was bored almost instantly, and the film did nothing to recapture my attention.

The story doesn't always make sense, but even if it did it wasn't that fun. But that is taking into account that it's aimed at a younger demographic and would probably be a great watch for children.

The bloopers at the end were definitely the best part, and I wish all movies would start bringing those back!

Overall, this one wasn't for me. But as I've said, it might be great for children. It's creative, original and very festive!


Title - 6/10

Originality - 8/10

Christmas spirit - 8/10

Christmas music - 3/10


It's 12 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 14!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List