Mistletoe Match | Blogmas Day 3

 It's Blogmas day 3!

There are a few movies that I picked for Blogmas this year without knowing anything about them, and this was one of them. So I went in completely blind.

Olivia (Elena Juatco) is an undercover reporter, taking part in the annual Mistletoe Match event so she can write about what a scam it is. But when she meets Thomas (Ryan Bruce), who is just as sceptical about the event as she is, she realises that it may not be such a scam after all.

I was really pleasantly surprised by this movie. I didn't expect to feel anything about it and ended up really liking it.

I liked the two main characters from their first moments on screen, and the actors had good chemistry together.

The plot was cute. Not the most original Christmas movie in the world, but still entertaining.

There were a couple of slightly interesting side stories, but I was only really interested in the main couple.

The one downfall of the film, for me, was that it didn't feel like a Christmas movie. Calling the matchmaking event the 'Mistletoe Match' wasn't enough to convince me.

Overall, this is an entertaining watch, but not really a Christmassy one.


Title - 7/10 for the alliteration!

Originality - 4/10

Christmas spirit - 3/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 22 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 4!




Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List