Feliz NaviDAD | Blogmas Day 24

 

It's Blogmas day 24! Christmas Eve!

I have to admit, I picked this film entirely for the name. The premise was fine, and I like the two main actors, but the only thing that stood out to me was how much I loved the title!

Noel (Paulina Chávez) helps her grieving father (Mario Lopez) find his Christmas spirit through online dating.

I really liked this film. It's a lot better than the premise suggests!

The relationship between father and daughter is really sweet, and the actors have good chemistry, which is true for most of the actors and their characters in the film.

I really liked all the characters, and David (Lopez) and Sophie (AnnaLynne McCord) were really fun to watch. They worked really well together.

A lot of Christmas movies that deal with loss or grief tend to do it in a superficial way, with a throwaway comment here or there. This one deals with the topic really well.

I was engaged throughout and definitely think this is one of the most compelling Blogmas movies this year.

The music was great!

Overall, I'm really glad I saved this film for Christmas Eve because it's definitely in my top 5 of movies this Blogmas. I loved it!


Title - 10/10 (of course!)

Originality - 4/10

Christmas Spirit - 7/10

Christmas Music - 8/10


And with that, another year of Blogmas is done!

Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas!

I'll be back with another post on the 26th!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Madame Web | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List