Ghosting: The Spirit of Christmas | Blogmas Day 6

It's Blogmas day 6!

I've been meaning to watch this movie for years. When it's time to plan Blogmas I always go to Disney+ to see the Christmas selection, and every time I've seen this movie there are always ones that look more interesting, but this year was the first time I really understood what it was about. I loved the premise and couldn't wait to watch it!

After dying on the way home from an amazing first date, Jess (Aisha Dee) is stuck with unfinished business, waiting to move on to the afterlife.

I really liked this movie. So far it's probably my second-favourite of Blogmas, but it's definitely the best-written and probably the best-made movie of Blogmas so far.

The characters were likeable and the main leads had great chemistry right off the bat.

The plot was really original. I was waiting for it to become generic and boring and it never did! Of course, there were a couple of cliché moments, but that just added to the charm.

I was actually interested in the characters' lives outside of the film. They all felt like they existed outside of this world, which made them feel really authentic.

The film in its entirety is heartbreakingly bittersweet. No matter what happens, you know that these characters probably won't get what they want.

It wasn't as festive as it could have been - in fact it wasn't really festive at all. But that didn't take away from the enjoyment.

Overall, if you're going to watch any movie I've reviewed in these first 6 days of Blogmas, watch this one.


Title - 6/10

Originality - 8/10

Christmas Spirit - 2/10

Christmas Music - 2/10


It's 19 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 7!




Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List