A Christmas Duet | Blogmas Day 1

It's Blogmas Day 1!

I can't believe it's already December - this year has gone so quickly!

I caught the middle of this film last year. It was too late to include it in last year's Blogmas, so I made a note to include it this year, and the Day 1 slot was perfect for it!

Years after parting ways, popular music duo Averie (Chaley Rose) and Jesse (Rome Flynn) reunite at Averie's lodge at Christmas.

This was cute. It wasn't the best Christmas movie in the world, but I enjoyed it!

It was really festive. Every second of the film was filled with something Christmas-related.

While I liked the story, I didn't feel as much chemistry between the leads as I wanted to. They were cute together, but I never felt like they would last.

Music is a big part of the film, and the music is great. Even the background music throughout the film is fun and gets you in the festive spirit.

The ending of the film was really sweet.

Overall, this was a really nice, light start to Blogmas, and I'm really glad I began with this one.


Title - 5/10 (pretty average)

Originality - 5/10

Christmas Spirit - 9/10

Christmas Music - 8/10 (loved the music overall, didn't love the big song that was the centrepiece of the movie)


It's 24 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 2!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

The Rocky Horror Picture Show | 100 Movies Bucket List

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List