3 Month Favourites | October - December 2023

This is supposed to be a short favourites post, as I'll be uploading a 2023 favourites post tomorrow, but I didn't know how many things I'd have to talk about in this one, so it definitely won't be short!

Favourite Film (1): Saltburn

This is one of a couple of films I'm mentioning in this post that I'll be reviewing in the new year, so I won't say much about it now, but I absolutely loved it! It wasn't what I expected at all and that just made me love it more.

Favourite Movie (2): Quiz Lady

This is another that I'll be reviewing in the new year, but I was so surprised that no one has been talking about it because it's so good! Definitely check it out on hulu/Disney+!

Favourite Movie (3): Killers of the Flower Moon

I reviewed this movie HERE and made no secret of the fact that I think it's a really good movie. It definitely deserves the awards probably coming its way, and is worth a watch even if you don't think it'll be your kind of thing.

Favourite Movie (4): Joy Ride

And another I'll be reviewing in 2024! I knew I'd like this from the premise and the poster, so I'm really glad it was as good as I thought it would be.

Favourite TV Show (1): Doogie Kamealoha

I've mentioned this show in another favourites post this year, but I finished it last month and am really sad about it! I didn't know it was cancelled when I got to season 2, and it's such a shame as the show really hit its stride in the second season.

Favourite TV Show (2): Neighbours

I used to watch Neighbours religiously when I was younger, and as I got older tuned in for some years and then out for others. When the new version started, I hadn't watched it in maybe 3 years, but I watched the first episode out of curiosity and 50+ episodes later, I'm hooked again! It's become a firm part of my after-work routine and I love it.

Favourite TV Show (3): It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I mentioned this in my last favourites post, but I'm mentioning it again because I finished the season last week and it was the best yet! I have no idea how this show manages to keep getting better and better but it really does!

Favourite Song: Breathe (In The Heights)

I watched 'In The Heights' for the first time a couple of months ago, and while I didn't love the movie (and probably need to watch it again), I absolutely fell in love with this song! In the context of the film it's really powerful and meaningful, but even on its own, it's so beautiful.

Favourite Game: GTA VI

Yes, I know it's not out yet and won't be out for a year, but I am so excited to play this game! I love GTA V and will definitely be playing it over again in anticipation for the next one!

Favourite Actor: Charlie Hunnam


It's really weird that as soon as I was getting back into Sons of Anarchy (for what feels like the hundredth time), Rebel Moon came out. I didn't include it in this post, but I liked the film, and Charlie was great in it. But between Sons, Rebel Moon and the press interviews for Rebel Moon, I've seen so much of Charlie this month, so he had to be here.

Favourite Book: The Love Hypothesis

If you told me at the beginning of the year that I would include this book in a favourites post, I would have laughed. Last year I went through a stage of not liking romance books. Well, this year has kind of been the opposite. I've read some really good romances, and this is at the top of that pile. I absolutely loved it and really want to read more books by Ali Hazelwood!

And those are my last three-month favourites for the year! Come back tomorrow for my 2023 favourites!

Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Madame Web | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review