Selfie-Shy?

 
I have been planning this post for a few days, but I had no way to word it, and I still don't!

So, this post is going to be a bit of ramble, and a bit of (for want of a better word) word-vomit, so I hope that you enjoy what's been sticking in my head for the past few days!

I can't take selfies.

I don't mean physically. It doesn't take a genius to turn on the front-facing camera and snap a quick pic.

I mean psychologically.

I have nothing against taking selfies. In fact, I love seeing people's selfies and I wish that I could take them myself, but I can't!

I first noticed this when I went to Winter Wonderland with my friends (post here).
Everyone was whipping out their cameras, and the ones who didn't have cameras were whipping out phones, starting by taking pictures of themselves with their surroundings in the background.

And I literally stood there, doing nothing, feeling like a complete idiot, because I could not think of anything worse than taking a selfie.

I don't think it's anything to do with the way I look. I mean, I don't think I'm particularly good-looking, but I should still be able to take a picture of myself right?

And then what made it worse was that, my friends all wanted to have a picture together (with one friend taking the picture) and I just refused to be in it. They didn't make too much of a fuss about it and just assumed that I was camera-shy, which I suppose I am.

I kind of feel like this stems from low self-esteem.

I don't know if I have low self-esteem, but this seems like the only reasonable explanation. I've never been the prettiest girl or the funniest girl or even the most likeable. This doesn't bother me unless I think about it properly, which I always avoid doing because who wants to think about themselves in a bad way?

Please Please tell me that someone else has this problem, or knows what I should do!

Thank you for reading.

Comment below whether or not you like taking selfies!

Keep Smiling - Lou xx

Comments

  1. I have the same problem. I'll never be in pictures because I just never know what to do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm glad I'm not the only one! xx

      Delete
  2. This is really interesting! I do take selfies but only when I've put on a lot of makeup!
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You don't need lots of make-up! xx

      Delete
  3. Loved this post and I can relate to it so much. You could try taking a selfie once a day or week. You dont have to post them anywhere until you have gained more confidence. Hope you feel more confident with taking pictures soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! I'm going to take your advice, I've already taken one today thanks to you! xx

      Delete
    2. Aww I'm so glad to hear it xxx

      Delete
  4. I've gotten better with taking selfies, but I can't stand group photos...... I feel so awkward and it shows in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post. And no problem. I'm not into taking "selfies" (why is it named that...?), only if it's for my work or something I want to relate the look to. So, group photos for me is OK, however I'm self-conscience about it. I wouldn't want to view it.
    So, you have no problem, so don't think to much into it. Not everyone has to or feel good to do it. Take care and great look for your blog. Very fresh and different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for your comments and compliments of my blog! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment xx

Popular Posts

Wonka | Film Review

Miller's Girl | Film Review

American Psycho | 100 Movies Bucket List

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'