The Night Before | Blogmas Day 16

Image result for the night before

Hey Guys x

It's Blogmas day 16!

I've seen this movie before, but I decided to include it in this list because I remember really liking it when I first saw it, but hadn't seen it since that first time. And if you also want to watch it, it's on Amazon Prime!

Best friends Ethan (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), Isaac (Seth Rogen) and Chris (Anthony Mackie) have decided to conclude their tradition of spending Christmas Eve together - but not before one last blowout, which becomes a night that none of them will ever forget.

As I said, I really liked this movie when I first saw it, and I really liked it the second time. It wasn't a perfect Christmas movie, but compared to everything else I've seen so far this month, it does a really good job.

There's really great chemistry between the three leads - it seems like they've actually known each other for as long as their characters have. This could be due to the fact that Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have worked together before, but even so, those three have more chemistry than a lot of movies about couples!

The film is a comedy, and all the actors are hilarious in it, but it has to be said that Seth Rogen is a comedy genius. I'm such a huge fan of his, and just like so many of the other movies he's done, he's easily the funniest part.

There's also a lot of hilarious cameos in the film from well-known actors. The most hilarious thing about them is how unexpected they are.

However, one of my favourite things about the movie is that there is so much going on underneath the veneer of comedy. There are deep and, at times, dark issues that make their way to the forefront in the midst of the comedy.

Overall, this film is touching and heartwarming, and a great addition to any Christmas films you were already planning to watch this month.

8/10 - Originality
7/10 - Christmas Spirit
4/10 - Christmas Music

It's 9 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 17!

Comments

Popular Posts

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review

Girl Talk: Summer Fashion