A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby | Blogmas Day 14

Image result for a christmas prince the royal baby

Hey Guys x

As promised, the much-awaited third film in the 'Christmas Prince' trilogy - The Royal Baby!

Queen Amber (Rose McIver) and King Richard (Ben Lamb) are preparing for the birth of their first child, while also hosting royal allies to sign a sacred treaty. But when the treaty is stolen, allies become enemies, a curse threatens the royal couple, and everyone is a suspect.

I loved this movie almost as much as I loved the first one!

First of all, I have to say that I know this isn't what the film is about, but the romance between Simon (Theo Devaney) and Melissa (Tahirah Sharif) is the best thing about all three of these movies, and if the fourth movie isn't about them then what's the point?

The makers use any excuse to bring drama back to Aldovia, knowing that they have an audience who will eat up whatever they put in front of us. The drama could have been about baby names and we would have lapped it up. In all honesty, I have no idea what the point of the treaty was, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one!

Thankfully, King Richard is a much better character this time around. I think this film was the first time that I ever really saw why Amber fell in love with him, so that was really enjoyable. He was much more 'husband' than 'king' and that really worked in his favour.

It's so nice to catch up with these characters again, and this might be the best film in the trilogy. Of course, the first movie will always have a special place in my heart, but this one just has so much more.

It ends in a really nice way. You are happy with where all the characters are at the end of the movie, but at the same time you would love to see them again - or at least, I would!

Overall, the film has drama, romance, scandal, healthy relationships, royal history, great characters, snow, Christmas, a baby - what more could you want?!
I know what I want. A fourth movie!

7/10 - Originality
5/10 - Christmas Spirit
4/10 - Christmas Music

It's 11 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 15!

Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review