Pride, Prejudice and Mistletoe | Blogmas Day 23

Image result for pride prejudice and mistletoe

Hey Guys x

This is another movie that's on Amazon Prime and again, it stars Lacey Chabert, who now seems to be proficient in making Christmas Hallmark movies!

When Darcy (Lacey Chabert) goes home for Christmas, she reconnects with her family and her old rival Luke (Brendan Penny). When they decide to plan a charity event together, Darcy discovers the true meaning of Christmas, and exactly why this town is still so important to her.

I didn't really like this movie at all.

For a start, the name of the movie is instantly cheesy, which isn't that unusual for a Christmas movie from the Hallmark channel, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what the movie is about.

This isn't a story that instantly grabs you. But what's good about it is that it's vaguely interesting enough to keep you watching - or more likely, to keep on in the background without missing what's going on.

Darcy and Luke are the obvious couple of the movie, but that doesn't mean that you particularly want them to be together. For me personally, I felt a bit apathetic about both of them separately, so I really didn't care if they got together or not, even though it was obvious that they would.

This film is filled with tropes that I'm now really tired of:

I'm tired of the 'Big Christmas Party' trope.

I'm tired of the 'Fake conflict that could easily be fixed through communication' trope.

I'm tired of the 'Dense ex boyfriend who can't let go' trope.

But most importantly, I'm tired of the 'Christmas movies that have absolutely no substance' trope.

Overall, this isn't anything new, and you'll gain absolutely nothing by watching it.

2/10 - Originality
4/10 - Christmas Spirit
4/10 - Christmas Music

It's 2 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for my last Blogmas film review - Christmas Eve!


Comments

Popular Posts

Snatch | 100 Movies Bucket List

Book Review #127: The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Green Mile | 100 Movies Bucket List

My Problem With '8 Simple Rules'

Anyone But You | Film Review