A Picture Perfect Holiday | Blogmas Day 19

 

I picked this movie for day 19 without realising that the premise is similar to the movie for day 18, but thankfully, this one is a bit better than yesterday's!

On a photography holiday retreat, fashion photographer Gaby (Tatyana Ali) and wildlife photographer Sean (Henderson Wade) find out that their room has been double-booked, so they have to spend the holiday together.

I really enjoyed this movie. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be.

The events at the beginning of the film, before getting to the retreat, happen a bit too quickly. We don't really get the chance to know our main character.

I liked the banter and chemistry between the main characters as soon as they were on screen together, which contributed to why I liked the film as much as I did.

The film combines three or four common romance movie tropes, but does it in a way that makes them feel fun and unique.

The characters' backstories could have been a bit more interesting, but watching them open up to each other is really nice.

By the end, I became really invested in the story and characters, and found myself wanting to see more of this couple.

Overall, this was a festive movie with an adorable couple at the centre. It's not the most unique Christmas movie in the world, but I'd definitely recommend it if you want something with a familiar feel.


Originality - 3/10

Christmas Spirit - 6/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 6 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 20!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review