This is Christmas | Blogmas Day 23

 

This is another one that I was particularly looking forward to. Not only was the concept original, but I've seen and liked Alfred Enoch and Kaya Scodelario in other projects, so it was nice to see them in something together.

When Adam (Alfred Enoch) realizes that he takes the train with the same commuters every day, he enlists the help of Emma (Kaya Scodelario) to throw a party for the passengers.

I really liked this movie. 

I'll start by saying the only thing I didn't love about the film was the main character, Adam. He was fine as a character, but if I knew him in real life I think I'd find him really annoying. Maybe I'm just cynical?

I liked the love interests as a couple, but one thing I don't like about romance movies is when they make the love interest's partners into villains to justify the break-up (or sometimes cheating) that occurs. This film was guilty of doing this, and it wasn't really necessary in my opinion.

I really liked the idea of the film, and the way it was executed. We get to know the passengers really well, and I loved seeing all the different backgrounds and personalities of the characters.

Surprisingly, I found myself getting really emotional at multiple points throughout the film, for a variety of different reasons. Not only is the writing of the film great, but the acting was amazing. The film also stars Timothy Spall, Jack Donoghue, Nadia Parkes, Ben Miller and Jeremy Irvine as well as a whole host of other actors, and everyone played their parts amazingly well.

The variety of stories told within the film was great. They're all really different whilst also being realistic. They serve as a reminder that you never really know what anyone's going through. The film had a really interesting and important message.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. It was emotional, festive, and really embodied the Christmas spirit. I'd definitely recommend it.


Originality - 7/10

Christmas Spirit - 8.5/10

Christmas Music - 8/10


It's 2 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 24, Christmas Eve!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review