Angel Falls Christmas | Blogmas Day 15

 

It's Blogmas day 15!

I picked this film because I watched a Christmas movie starring the same actors last year, and I wanted to see if this one was better than the last (which I didn't love). 

When a Christmas-hating doctor (Jessica Lowndes) breaks up with her boyfriend, fate intervenes to show her the true meaning of Christmas.

This one was... weird. I didn't understand one of the main plot points for almost an hour, and when I got it, it didn't make the film that much more enjoyable to watch.

The dialogue felt cheesy and inauthentic.

I wrote in my notes that Gabe (Chad Michael Murray) didn't feel like a real person, and after finishing the movie I understand why. But having said that, I feel that there were better ways to play this character. It didn't work for me at all.

The plot is generic and not that interesting. And when the 'twist' comes, while the plot gets less generic, it doesn't get more interesting.

I kept writing about the characters' lack of chemistry, and again this made sense when I understood what the film was about, but I still think it would have helped if there was some sort of spark between the characters. I felt nothing while watching them.

There's honestly not that much more I can say about it. It was okay, but there are so many better movies to watch - any on my Blogmas list for starters.

Overall I think this has been my least favourite of Blogmas so far, and I'd recommend giving it a miss.


Originality - 6/10

Christmas Spirit - 7/10

Christmas Music - 4/10


It's 10 days until Christmas!

Come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 16!



Comments

Popular Posts

Star Wars Episodes IV, V, VI | 100 Movies Bucket List

Drive-Away Dolls | Film Review

Airplane! | 100 Movies Bucket List

Suncoast | Film Review

Where Rainbows End vs. Love, Rosie | Film and Book Review